Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-26-2014, 12:05 PM   #136
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
Why I Love and Need Your Calibre Plugins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philantrop View Post
Guys, Marvin - the ebook reader - is perfectly fine on iOS 8 (not counting a problem in ladnscape mode).

My plugins are *used* in conjunction with Marvin but they're *not* by the same developer. My plugins currently do NOT work with the new iPhones and sometimes have some issues with iOS 8.

I *will* update them but since I'm very busy due to my job, my family, other open source commitments, etc. etc. so it *will* likely take a few days yet.

Thanks for your patience!
Thank you for your dedication to this for all of us who so depend on Marvin. For me, it is actually a medical matter. I have very bad "eye floaters." I cannot easily read black on white pages and get eyestrain after just a few minutes of trying. I found that if I go to a black screen it is better in what most readers call Night mode. But I also found with Marvin that if I change the font color to a bright gold on solid black it is, for me at least, as if the floaters have vanished and I can read for hours again. Marvin is the only IOS program I have found that will allow me the flexibility in coloration I need. On my Kindle Fire HDX I have found MoonReader Plus will work for me too.But I much prefer Marvin and my iPad Air. As I use Calibre extensively to run my ebook library and to manage my on-device libraries I depend very much on your plug-ins to make Marvin the best reader for me. Please do let us know as soon as you have updated them and thank you again.

-- Neil
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:29 PM   #137
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
I updated my iPad Mini to iOS 8.0.2 but Calibre and the iOS plugin remain unable to communicate with the device. (I'm running WinXP...)
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2014, 05:13 PM   #138
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
I updated my iPad Mini to iOS 8.0.2 but Calibre and the iOS plugin remain unable to communicate with the device. (I'm running WinXP...)
Well,
You can't get any more updates to calibre because of your XP.

Time to ditch Apple products
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:04 PM   #139
Dhardrian
Dhardrian began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
GitHub issues #46, 49 & 79

I worked with Greg back in May to get large library transfers to work using the IOSRA plugin. This functionality is now broken again. Please refer to the above closed bug tracking issues in Github.
Dhardrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:10 PM   #140
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
I know from the first post that the originator of the plug in has retired. But is anyone working on a fix for this upgrade problem? Is there any news?
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2014, 01:15 PM   #141
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

DuskyRose:

Philantrop has taken over maintenance of the plugin and is working on an update. He said this, back on September 21 (and asked for our patience):

Quote:
I *will* update them but since I'm very busy due to my job, my family, other open source commitments, etc. etc. so it *will* likely take a few days yet.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:53 AM   #142
Gurvan
Groupie
Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: En Europe, mais pas loin des Etats-Unis et d'un grand groupe de hard-rock Allemand...
Device: iPhone 6+ and iPad 1 (love them both...)
Funny thing on my computer is that the plugin works perfectly with an iPad 1 connected to Calibre via the plugin. But it does not work at all when I use the iPhone 6...

Strange ! Why one and not the other ??
Gurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:44 AM   #143
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Because support for the new iPhones is in a new version I've not yet released.
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #144
Gurvan
Groupie
Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gurvan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: En Europe, mais pas loin des Etats-Unis et d'un grand groupe de hard-rock Allemand...
Device: iPhone 6+ and iPad 1 (love them both...)
Ok ! :-D I understand better now !!

I thought it was me doing something stupid... Thanks for the heads up !
Gurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:05 PM   #145
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong

Philantrop: I hate to be "that guy" but do you have an estimate for when a version of the plugin that works with iOS8 might be ready?
Old 10-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #146
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
MSWallack, uhm... Both plugins are working perfectly fine here on iOS8 on my iPad Air, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s.

What's your operating system and Calibre version? It *could* be there's a problem with the included libimobiledevice.
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #147
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong

I'm still using Calbre 1.48 because I'm stuck (unfortunately) with WinXP for now. It was working fine until I updated my iPad Mini to iOS 8. Now, when I connect the iPad Mini, Calibre tells me that it cannot connect to the device.

To elaborate, when I connect the iPad Mini (with Calibre running), I hear the usual connect chimes and get the dialog asking if I want to copy photos. Then I get a popup dialog in Calibre that says "Unable to connect to iDevice" with an OK and a Copy button.

Just as a test, I connected by iPhone 6+ to my computer with Calibre running. I got the same "Unable to connect to iDevice" error.

Last edited by MSWallack; 10-03-2014 at 01:44 PM. Reason: More info...
Old 10-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #148
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong

A bit more testing. I tried connecting my iPad Mini before starting Calibre. This time, when I did start Calibre, I got a message saying "Marvix XD requires the iOS reader applications to be installed." But I had just installed the updated version of the iOS reader applications plugin.

Reinstalled the plugin (it had the correct settings to connect to Calibre), but had the same "Unable to connect..." message.

Last edited by MSWallack; 10-03-2014 at 01:53 PM. Reason: More info
Old 10-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #149
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong

I looked through the plugin customization dialogue a bit. I thought that perhaps clearing the cache might help. So I tried that and got the following error:

calibre, version 1.48.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:byref() argument must be a ctypes instance, not 'NoneType'

calibre 1.48 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', 'XP', '5.1.2600')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('XP', '5.1.2600', 'SP3', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\michael\Application Data\calibre\plugins\iOS_reader_applications_resou rces\widgets\marvin.py", line 348, in reset_caches
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\idevice\libimobiledevice. py", line 345, in exists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\idevice\libimobiledevice. py", line 1035, in _afc_get_file_info
TypeError: byref() argument must be a ctypes instance, not 'NoneType'
Old 10-03-2014, 03:33 PM   #150
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
I'm also getting an error on trying to connect my iPad 2 with iOS8 to Calibre:

calibre, version 2.5.0
iOS reader applications: Unable to connect to iDevice

The error popup cascades if I leave the iPad connected. I'm using the latest iOSR and the latest MarvinXD on Windows 7 64-bit. It doesn't mention it in the error text copied to the clipboard, but it's calibre-64 I'm running.

I assumed that it was an iOS8 issue that you were working on, but if iOSR and Marvin XD work fine with iOS8 for you, then maybe it's something else?
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote