Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-17-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
daniellep11
daniellep11 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I need help.

I've recently bought a Kindle and I wanted to read a book that my friends Sony eBook has. I downloaded the Sony Library onto my laptop, but noticed that I could not add the book to my Kindle because it was in an EPUB format. I then downloaded Calibre to convert the book to a form that would be compatible with my Kindle. The only problem is that I cant add the book into Calibre to try and convert it. I cant even find it in my files. I was just wondering if anyone could possibly help me?
daniellep11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Sony books are usually in My Documents\My Books\Reader Library
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2011, 12:01 AM   #3
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
If the book has DRM, it can't just be converted with Calibre; the DRM would need to be cracked. (And Mobileread has rules against giving out details about that; we can discuss DRM removal but not give direct instructions.)

You are likely to get grumbled at for mentioning wanting to read an ebook someone else acquired or bought, rather than buying your own version for the Kindle. (I'm not grumbling; I'm in favor of one-to-one ebook sharing and think it's one of the things we need. But it is a violation of many ebookstores' terms of use, and likely a violation of copyright.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote