Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 01:06 PM   #181
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Agreed. After owning a black Bookeen and a white Elonex eInk reader, then switching back to a black Sony, I wouldn't ever want to buy a white-framed reader again.

I am really interested in the M91S, though, but not in white unless you can get a snug fitting black protective cover...

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #182
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Hey! The price went up on the M90..... Was $399 just a pre-order price?

Is there a manual available online?

Last edited by pidgeon92; 06-15-2011 at 03:21 PM.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #183
Thierry.C
Connoisseur
Thierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura about

Device: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by OphReader View Post
I agree. I also think that most people would prefer a non-glossy finish.
Not sure. Anyway, it seems that the black is a "piano" black, unfortunately.
I personally would have prefered a non-glossy finish also, but white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham
I wouldn't ever want to buy a white-framed reader again.
What are your reason(s)? Legibility or dirty related reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Europe
You get to possibilities:
- Lock Menu and Back
- Lock PageUp and PageDown
It is possible to select both, right?
What about the IR-sensor? Also lockable?

Thanks (also for the good news!),
Thierry

Last edited by Thierry.C; 06-15-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Thierry.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #184
CTH
Zealot
CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would also order a black M91S. Is there any way to order it from russia to for example sweden?
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:07 PM   #185
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry.C View Post
It is possible to select both, right?
What about the IR-sensor? Also lockable?

Thanks (also for the good news!),
Thierry
Yes it is possible to select both.
No the IR-sensor is not lockable (or maybe there's another hidden option for that)
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #186
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Is there a manual available online?
Here you can find the manual for the Onyx Boox M91S. The manual for the Onyx Boox M90 is not yet available, but when it is I'll upload it immediately.

http://www.onyx-boox.com/onyx-boox-manual
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:19 PM   #187
davidjoseph1
Enthusiast
davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Onyx Boox M90, M92 (*3),M96, N96,I86ml,C67ml,Kepler,Poke,Poke2,Nova3
Just received email from onyx boox USA that they have the readers and are loading the new firmware, to be sent out this week.
davidjoseph1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #188
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjoseph1 View Post
Just received email from onyx boox USA that they have the readers and are loading the new firmware, to be sent out this week.
Curious as to how this works.... Are the units not yet packaged? Or can it be done using wi-fi (assuming the units are ON in the packaging)?
Old 06-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #189
davidjoseph1
Enthusiast
davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Onyx Boox M90, M92 (*3),M96, N96,I86ml,C67ml,Kepler,Poke,Poke2,Nova3
Presumably, they are opening the packages, removing the retail unit, updating firmware from SD card, testing, replacing, and re-shrink-wrapping them.
davidjoseph1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #190
pidgeon92
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjoseph1 View Post
Presumably, they are opening the packages, removing the retail unit, updating firmware from SD card, testing, replacing, and re-shrink-wrapping them.
Testing? Every unit? Must be that what that extra 20 bucks is for.....
Old 06-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #191
strellson
strellson began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor on 06-08-2011
It is still very unstable.
Booxtor, could you review it again after updating the firmware, please?

Thanks for helping.
strellson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:29 PM   #192
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
They dont come shrink wrapped. but each device needs to be updated from an SD card.

Our Page is up https://www.dulinsbooks.com/index.php?p=product&id=682

White is available for immediate shipping. Black is available for order as well but it will be a couple weeks until we have them to ship.

Still trying to find out if we will be able to get any M91S with the strong demand elsewhere.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:34 AM   #193
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by strellson View Post
Booxtor, could you review it again after updating the firmware, please?

Thanks for helping.
Hi,

I am downloading the new firmware right now and will test it today.
My short review of it and some videos will be published tomorrow. I am quite sceptical because the last update I got, only solved the WiFi connectivity problem.

Upd.
There is a lot of things I dislike on M90 yet. But I also have discovered some good things on it. F.e. I like "hide margins" mode in PDFs. I like navigation with stylus in PDFs, even it is very slow at the moment. And some other points I am going to write about .

Last edited by Booxtor; 06-16-2011 at 05:56 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:36 AM   #194
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
would you think it is only a problem with the software?
I don't see how the software would know it's in sunlight or not.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:44 AM   #195
CTH
Zealot
CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't see how the software would know it's in sunlight or not.
If the software was using a fixed number of "IR-change" (have no idea what kind of measurement they have) it could cause problems in extreme situations (which sunlight could be). If they changed it to a percentage instead it would behave much better.

I have no idea if this is even remotely close to what they have done but it is an example where a software change could fix a problem like this.
CTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx boox, onyx boox m90