Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 06:54 PM   #1
wolfie01
wolfie01 began at the beginning.

Device: samsung cell & tablet
Red face Calibre

I'm trying to find out if Calibre has a way to share my library with friends without them being able to alter any settings I have or view other libraries I have, either by accident or deliberation.

I know Calibre has virtual libraries but cannot figure out how to share them.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank You
Old 01-01-2015, 06:55 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
It would help if you posted in the right place. There is a whole sub-forum here relating to Calibre.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:57 PM   #3
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@wolfie01-
I would recommend posting in the Calibre forum (or better, ask a Moderator to move this thread there instead of double posting).
Old 01-01-2015, 07:04 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to Mobileread.

Please take the time to look over our site before posting.

We have a forum devoted specifically to calibre.

Your thread has now been moved to......yes, the calibre forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Old 01-01-2015, 07:19 PM   #5
wolfie01
wolfie01 began at the beginning.

Device: samsung cell & tablet
Thank you all. I have now gone to the correct forum.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:15 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
What you want is calibre's content server.
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui.html#connect-share

You will have to do additional work to allow other people to access it outside of your home WiFi network, using a service like any of the free offerings here: http://lifehacker.com/the-best-free-...dns-1561556205

NOTE: Please remember to set a password if you have any non-Public Domain/CC/licensed-to-be-shared (Baen Free Library-esque) books, and don't share them with anyone other than family members etc. -- it's not right to give people stuff they should be paying for.
Not that I think you are doing that, I merely say this Just In Case.

You can set a virtual library to use as a restriction on what books calibre will share over the Net.

Last edited by eschwartz; 01-01-2015 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:25 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
We will not permit MobileRead's forums to be used to encourage or facilitate copyright infringement. Thread closed.

Closed Thread

Tags
sharing