Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-01-2021, 04:53 AM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
kepub page numbering seems off?

Question:

With the kepubs, the number of pages displayed when bringing up the Reading Menu used to be more accurate, e.g. if it said 315 of 315 I was actually at the very end of the book and going back one screen was 314.

however recently, since I installed kobopatch, I noticed this number seems off quite a bit, like it'll be 315/315 for at least four screen flips. Any idea what I should do to fix this?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-01-2021 at 05:36 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:36 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There are problems with the full book page count in kepubs and it has been discussed here a few times. Mostly, there are some repeated page numbers in the middle chapters. And the longer the chapter, the more likely it is to happen. I tend to see about one page in eight repeating, but, others have reported more. I think it is something in the formatting that is making the difference, but, I haven't worked out what.

I have seen that for the last page in a chapter, the page number frequently doesn't change. But, I haven't noticed anything with the end of a book, but, the books I read as kepubs usually have several pages of backmatter that is in individual files ("also by", "next book in series" and "about the author" type thing). These tend to be one page only and I think this is always correct.

What you are seeing is probably an extension of what I see at the end of a chapter. It is a known bug, but, I encourage you to report it to Kobo so they know it is important to people.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert