Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
Dreading
Dreading began at the beginning.

Device: Fire and Sony Pocket E-Reader
Request for better touch support for calibre viewer

I apologize if someone has already said this or it already exists, but I couldn't find it. I would love more touch support for the Calibre E-reader for Windows. I have one of the few Windows touchpads currently available. Even if finger scrolling, etc. is not something that could easily be done, even a plug-in to allow bigger buttons, etc. on the e-reader for touch use would be fantastic.
Dreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:46 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Moderator Notice
Moved from the plugin ideas thread as not within scope of plugins
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2011, 06:34 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This will happen someday, when I, or another interested developer gets his hands on a windows touchpad. One workaround is to keep the virtual keyboard visible and use the pg dn button on it to turn pages. If there is no page dn button you can set a custom shortcut in the viewer preferences.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
Dreading
Dreading began at the beginning.

Device: Fire and Sony Pocket E-Reader
Thanks, I'll look forward to that. Sorry that I put it in the wrong spot. I was thinking it might be a plugin since it's not something everyone would need/want, and the touch support for Chrome is considered a plug-in.

If any developers that would want to work on this are in the Portland, OR or Seattle, WA area, maybe we could work something out. I could lend my device - with several security measures taken, of course.

And otherwise, thanks for the great software. You've made my e-reader experience so much better. I've donated a bit, and will add more when the touch support is added. :-)

Last edited by Dreading; 12-20-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Dreading is offline   Reply With Quote