Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
Alans
Connoisseur
Alans began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
POrtrait and landscape mode

Hi, this is my first post here. Does anyone know if it is possible to lock
the device in Portrait mode. I hate the way it keeps switching back and forth when I move my arm.
Alans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
You can lock it by settings - display - Auto-rotate screen (make sure checkbox is off)

The Kobo reader does not respect this setting however; many other apps do.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
yoshid
yoshid began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
is there any other way to stop the kobo reader app from automatically rotating the text as you read? other than editing AndroidManifest.xml file? this is kind of a last resort since it would most likely void the warranty on the device.
I wish there was a simpler way to stop the screen from rotating, it seems like such a basic function for any eReader to have.
yoshid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
I would say this is a bug and hopefully will be addressed in a very-soon-to-be-released update. I can't see how it's desirable.

I haven't seen any indication that is true or not from any Kobo types though.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote