Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-17-2018, 06:21 PM   #1
Galunid
Enthusiast
Galunid began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2, 2013
Kindle jailbreak problem(on initial 5.7.4)

Hi, today I managed to downgrade my kindle(PW3) as described here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=312637
The problem is, that after following these instructions https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/5_x_Jailbreak
(except reflashing the initial firmware part, as I did it, did factory reset tho)
I cannot jailbreak using ;installHtml, nothing happens. Should I reflash the factory image again, and try to follow the instructions again?

Already tried downloading the file using wget, didn't work

Last edited by Galunid; 11-17-2018 at 06:40 PM.
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:03 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O
If you're not following instructions to the letter, how are you expecting things to work as described?

----

Spoiler alert: the factory reset screwed things up.

It's even mentioned in all caps in the wiki page and everything.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2018, 07:06 PM   #3
Galunid
Enthusiast
Galunid began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2, 2013
Yup, I reflashed factory image and it works as it should.
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:30 PM   #4
knc1
On Holiday
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galunid View Post
Yup, I reflashed factory image and it works as it should.
Damn! We will have fix the instructions, somebody has been reading them.
Maybe we could put every other step on a different web-site.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote