Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2018, 03:03 PM   #16
Knightreader
Connoisseur
Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1. Kobo Forma, 2. Kobo H2O Edition 2 (v1)
I installed the 4.11.11980 on my H20 v2 (Mark6) without problems (and without any modifications of the KoboRoot.tgz). Tested only with kepub (epub transferred via Calibre as kepub). Works as expected, fast and stable.
Knightreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:05 PM   #17
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9reeder View Post
Not that I know of, see video I just posted above. Just one magnet at work.
Thank you Now I've got it. All my strong magnets are so tiny I obviously wasn't getting it just right. My big fridge magnets are too weak to do anything at all.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2018, 03:13 PM   #18
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Galaxy Tab S2, PW3(7th) Kobo H2O (1st), Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Thank you Now I've got it. All my strong magnets are so tiny I obviously wasn't getting it just right. My big fridge magnets are too weak to do anything at all.
Yes, it's very finicky getting it to work. The magnet underneath the plastic in my video is round, about 2.5 cm in diameter and fairly thick as fridge magnets go.
k9reeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:11 PM   #19
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9reeder View Post
Yes, it's very finicky getting it to work. The magnet underneath the plastic in my video is round, about 2.5 cm in diameter and fairly thick as fridge magnets go.
Success!

Thanks to your R&D I've been able to convert the original Forma box into a temporary sleepcover to avoid the 'Swipe to unlock'. The paper envelope stuck to the inside of the lid is quite convenient for holding in place a suitable flat magnet taped to an index card.

It will have to do until the cheap 3rd-party cases turn up (if they ever do) or until someone is successful creating a patch to remove 'Swipe to unlock'.

Now back to the real topic of this thread ...
Old 11-06-2018, 04:19 PM   #20
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I've now started working on the patches ... should be done in about an hour.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2018, 04:27 PM   #21
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightreader View Post
I installed the 4.11.11980 on my H20 v2 (Mark6) without problems (and without any modifications of the KoboRoot.tgz). Tested only with kepub (epub transferred via Calibre as kepub). Works as expected, fast and stable.
H2O2v2 should be mark 7.
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:41 PM   #22
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Galaxy Tab S2, PW3(7th) Kobo H2O (1st), Forma
Quote:
Success!
The paper envelope stuck to the inside of the lid is quite convenient for holding in place a suitable flat magnet taped to an index card.
Now that is very clever.

I'd just been using the box as a temporary cover. Afraid someone might otherwise use my Forma as a drink coaster.
k9reeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:18 PM   #23
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightreader View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
H2O2v2 should be mark 7.
The original post read H2O v2 which I took as the original H2O edition 2 not the H2O edition 2 version 2.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:20 PM   #24
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have released patches for this firmware version.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:56 PM   #25
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Can confirm it fixes the stylesheet issue thanks to a friend testing it.
The only purpose of this firmware update is to fix the broken stylesheets in kepubs. There should be no other changes compared to 4.11.11976.

It will only be released to the Forma.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 06:12 PM   #26
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks for quick turnround, geek1011
Old 11-06-2018, 06:39 PM   #27
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks for quick turnround, geek1011
No problem! I'm going to try and figure out how to get rid of the slide to unlock later this week.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:01 PM   #28
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaskyle View Post
I assume the swipe-to-unlock feature is still there?
I have made a patch to disable swipe to unlock. See here.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:28 AM   #29
Knightreader
Connoisseur
Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1. Kobo Forma, 2. Kobo H2O Edition 2 (v1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
H2O2v2 should be mark 7.
Sorry, it is Kobo H2O Edition 2 (and Version 1 with Mark 6)

But, it still works, read last night about 1 hour without problems, freezes or other hick-ups.

Last edited by Knightreader; 11-07-2018 at 01:31 AM.
Knightreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:54 AM   #30
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
This firmware should be installable on older devices.
Can confirm this, at least for my H20 model.

Installed it on an original H20, upgrade went without hitch and at first sight it seems there are no problems...
The reader in general seems(could be a placebo) snappier with this firmware, compared to 4.9.11314 that i previously had on.
CBZ files definitely open faster, page turn on cbz might be bit better but i cant notice big difference.

Given that this is Forma firmware, was hoping that my screen will grow an inch, but alas

Last edited by ReaLx3m; 11-07-2018 at 04:59 AM.
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote