Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-03-2018, 05:35 AM   #1
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Preview panel no long tracking Code View

I worked on a book five weeks ago and Sigil was functioning normally. But yesterday I opened a new html file in Sigil and I find that Preview Panel no longer tracks when I am in Code View. Worse, when I do get them aligned and I do anything in Code View, Preview Panel flicks back to the beginning of the file.

I haven't reinstalled 0.9.10, build time 2018.07.25. What could I have done to change its behavior?

Thanks!
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:06 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Just to clarify:
Do you mean that Preview no longer tracks where the insertion point is (after a short delay)?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2018, 07:09 AM   #3
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
I see this behavior sporadically when working with large-ish individual html files (over 300kb). Sometimes it seems to be caused by running a very long session (? undo and clipboard buffers overlarge ?), and then simply closing and re-launching Sigil does the trick. But occasionally I MUST split the html files to get the two panes to synch.

Using version 0.9.9. on Windows 7 and Windows 10.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 02:08 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
They should auto sync if you let it sit briefly. Also if the cursor is left at a point that is the direct child of the body tag in CodeView such as a comment or before a p starting tag, Preview will sync to the body tag (ie effectively the top of file). Moving the CV cursor inside a child of the body tag should see it properly sync after a short delay. This is an artifact of the use of tag paths to determine where exactly in Preview to move to when editing inside a html file.

If I get a free moment, I will try to instead rewrite the code to move to the previous sibling of the body tag to get a bit closer hopefully.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 04:15 PM   #5
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
I see this behavior sporadically when working with large-ish individual html files (over 300kb). Sometimes it seems to be caused by running a very long session (? undo and clipboard buffers overlarge ?), and then simply closing and re-launching Sigil does the trick. But occasionally I MUST split the html files to get the two panes to synch.

Using version 0.9.9. on Windows 7 and Windows 10.
Yes, that nicely tracks this case. But the files after I split them weren't all that large.

I opened up the same book from last year in another iteration of Sigil, and the behavior was as it should be -- I could go from Code View to the same spot in Preview just by clicking on any spot in Code View, and I no longer saw the jump-back effect if I went to the end of the file in both Code View and Preview Panel and then click randomly on Code View.

So I did what no doubt I should have done in the first place: I shut down the Sigil display of the new book, then opened Sigil again and loaded the identical file. And as Kevin predicts, it is working just fine.

Thank you again, and sorry for the fuss!
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert