Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-03-2018, 05:22 PM   #46
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Thanks!

So, Booxtor carries both the Boox Nova and the Boyue Likebook Mars. The Nova is slightly more expensive, but has twice the internal storage (though no sd card slot). Most other specs look pretty close. Interesting.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:00 AM   #47
Libretom
Libretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage, Onyx Boox Note
https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...-good-e-reader

"The Onyx Boox Nova and Poke will be released on November 8th to the 10th and pre-orders are now available from Good e-Reader. "
Libretom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2018, 04:56 AM   #48
raintr33
raintr33 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Touch, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura HD, Boox Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqman View Post
The Onyx official link for Nova sales on Tmall (Taobao) for your reference.

In Chinese: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?sp...d=580848300230

I don't think you can buy it with your US bank account or it supports delivery to the US. As far as I know Tmall provides "directly buy" from Singapore and Malaysia.
Hi cqman,

I tried ordering from Tmall, but it doesn't allow overseas shipping. Do you need to ship to a forwarder?
raintr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:27 AM   #49
cqman
Groupie
cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.cqman can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle DXG, Onyx Boox Max1, Max2, Nova, Hisense A5 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by raintr33 View Post
Hi cqman,

I tried ordering from Tmall, but it doesn't allow overseas shipping. Do you need to ship to a forwarder?
I'm not sure if you need a forwarder or not. Maybe some items aren't supported.

I remember I watched a video last year. A Singapore Youtuber shared her taobao shopping experience.

Did some google search.
https://blog.moneysmart.sg/shopping/...ping-delivery/
cqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:29 AM   #50
Libretom
Libretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the roughLibretom is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Thanks!

So, Booxtor carries both the Boox Nova and the Boyue Likebook Mars. The Nova is slightly more expensive, but has twice the internal storage (though no sd card slot). Most other specs look pretty close. Interesting.

Onyx Boox: Greater manufacturing tradition, better support than Boyue. I use Onyx Boox Note. The same processor, (1,6 GHZ, quad core) 2 GB of RAM. I am very satisfied with it. (The software is almost the same.)
Advert
Old 11-04-2018, 07:07 AM   #51
Matilo
Zealot
Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mars, kindle Paperwhite 2nd generation, kindle fire hdx 8.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libretom View Post
... I use Onyx Boox Note. The same processor, (1,6 GHZ, quad core) 2 GB of RAM. I am very satisfied with it. (The software is almost the same.)

Have you ever had problems with sudden freezings?
Matilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:45 AM   #52
Libretom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilo View Post
Have you ever had problems with sudden freezings?
It has not happened yet.

Last edited by Libretom; 11-04-2018 at 07:55 AM.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:08 AM   #53
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...-good-e-reader

"The Onyx Boox Nova and Poke will be released on November 8th to the 10th and pre-orders are now available from Good e-Reader. "
I would be very careful about dealing with that site. They have a bit of a reputation. Not the kind to be proud of.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...40#post3768440

You would also do well to check out this thread which a member of these forums posted about their experience trying to order the Onyx Note soon after it first came out from Good Ereader. Not a pleasant experience. Buyer be warned.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=295699

Last edited by Question Mark; 11-04-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:54 AM   #54
Libretom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I would be very careful about dealing with that site. They have a bit of a reputation. Not the kind to be proud of.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...40#post3768440

You would also do well to check out this thread which a member of these forums posted about their experience trying to order the Onyx Note soon after it first came out from Good Ereader. Not a pleasant experience. Buyer be warned.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=295699
?? I tried to help.

Last edited by Libretom; 11-04-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:03 PM   #55
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
?? I tried to help.
And so did I.

I wasn't criticizing you. I was just linking to information which people should seriously consider before doing business with that site so that people can make an informed decision.

Unfortunately, a lot of people have been taken in by some of their deceptive practices.

At first glance, they have a slick website. They seem to have a long history in the business. And they are based in Canada... Because of all that, many people seem to believe that they are honest and safe to do business with.

Dig a little deeper and you find that all is not what it seems. That's why I posted those links so that people can decide for themselves before parting with their money and confidential information.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:38 PM   #56
Libretom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
And so did I.

I wasn't criticizing you. I was just linking to information which people should seriously consider before doing business with that site so that people can make an informed decision.

Unfortunately, a lot of people have been taken in by some of their deceptive practices.

At first glance, they have a slick website. They seem to have a long history in the business. And they are based in Canada... Because of all that, many people seem to believe that they are honest and safe to do business with.

Dig a little deeper and you find that all is not what it seems. That's why I posted those links so that people can decide for themselves before parting with their money and confidential information.
All right. I understand. Thanks for the information!
Old 11-07-2018, 01:35 PM   #57
michaudg
michaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the roughmichaudg is a jewel in the rough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Could well be a sales trick. On the AliExpress web page, the seller claims to have 77 pieces on hand. Obviously not true, if they claim to be out of stock as well.

On the other hand, AliExpress' policy is that orders are cancelled and the money refunded if shipment is not made in eight days. I'm on day four now.

We shall see.
From the seller:

Quote:
Hello dear friend,Many thanks for shopping.
Tomorrow I'll have in stock,The Day after day shipment for you
The factory is not in stock now.Please extend the delivery time of the seller for 3 days.ok?
Thanks again!
michaudg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:54 PM   #58
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaudg View Post
From the seller:
I had the same message sent to me. Since I've waited the eight days, I figured that three more days is't a big deal. But I won't extend my time beyond that.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:19 PM   #59
raintr33
raintr33 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Touch, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura HD, Boox Nova
I have been looking at the official Boox store in Tmall daily, the Nova can only be purchased from 11-Nov to coincide with the 11.11 sale day. 3 more days to go!
raintr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:20 PM   #60
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
It showed up on AliExpress for $263.99 (they say this is discount price available for 3 more days.)
Also offered by the German eReader Store for €234.45

Last edited by ilyats; 11-10-2018 at 01:17 PM.
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote