Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 01-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
emoorman
Obsessive Reader
emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nokia 1520
Cool-Er & 64-bit Vista

Is the Cool-ER compatible with 64-bit Vista?

I see that some other ebook readers are not. I checked and all the computers in my house are 64-bit. I don't know why except that when we replaced them last year, we ordered large memories, 4-8 GB.
emoorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
ummm

I run Vista Home Pro and Cool-er works just fine. I don't see why it would not work with 64bit Vista, it should just read it as a USB storage device. Another option would be the SD card which could be used directly if you have a SD reader on your machine and transfer books that way.

Cool-ers offical website says:
Microsoft® Windows® 2000 with Service Pack 4, Windows XP with Service Pack 2, or Windows Vista® (Home Basic 32-bit and Business 64-bit editions supported)
http://www.coolreaders.com/specifications.asp

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
jackau
Connoisseur
jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cool-er / Mac Mini / Satio / Notebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoorman View Post
Is the Cool-ER compatible with 64-bit Vista?

I see that some other ebook readers are not. I checked and all the computers in my house are 64-bit. I don't know why except that when we replaced them last year, we ordered large memories, 4-8 GB.
Vista 64 or Win7 64 should have no problem picking up the device as extra storage.
The strong point of COOL-er is, it does not have all the complex sync upload download software some readers requires. IT can read any book that can be converted to the formats it support.

It reads itself as extra storage memory in windows and card reader device for the SD card. So if USB pen disk or SD card reader work, Cool-er should work!

Cooler only supports 4GB SD card, but I beleive SDHC 4GB works.
2GB SD card is less than 10 dollar on the market, that size can hold enough books for any one can read over a quarter! Before any ereaders can read 100MB size PDF files, 4GB thats more than enough for any one whom is not too lazy to delete finished books!

highly recommend store all books on SD card, remove card and reboot in case the student wrote software crash.

jackau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:23 AM   #4
labzuk
Enthusiast
labzuk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505 - Iliad
SDHC card works fine, both for storage and firmware update. I've just tried a 4gb one.
labzuk is offline   Reply With Quote