Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-18-2018, 03:30 AM   #181
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KVoyage, KOasis 2, KPW4, FHD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
That's what a lot of sources were reporting, but the lights are still on the bottom so not sure how that rumor started.
Thank you
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 03:48 AM   #182
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KVoyage, KOasis 2, KPW4, FHD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdirahim View Post
Is the screen lighting of the Paperwhite 4 much improved?

The previous one I have, you can see the light cones or shadows at the bottom. It's not too bad, but the Paperwhite 4 is supposed to be different, instead of 3 lights at the bottom it now has 4. Is anyone familiar with this and can comment on the new Paperwhite 4 lighting?
The lighting on the PW4 is very even and clear. Contrast is good. There are five lights across the bottom. The only time I see cones or shadows is when I deliberately look for them.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:08 PM   #183
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2
I have a Voyage and a Paperwhite 1 and 2 Paperwhite 3's and a Paperwhite 4. I did have a Paperwhite 2 but I've passed it to someone else. I've also bought at least half a dozen Paperwhites for my neighbors and set them up for them and helped them with them regularly. I've used a lot of Paperwhites.

Without exception all of their screens have been nearly perfect. I can't honestly say that one is better than the other, with the possible exception of the older ones with the lower pixel density, although I rarely notice that.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:18 PM   #184
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Basic
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I have a Voyage and a Paperwhite 1 and 2 Paperwhite 3's and a Paperwhite 4. I did have a Paperwhite 2 but I've passed it to someone else. I've also bought at least half a dozen Paperwhites for my neighbors and set them up for them and helped them with them regularly. I've used a lot of Paperwhites.

Without exception all of their screens have been nearly perfect. I can't honestly say that one is better than the other, with the possible exception of the older ones with the lower pixel density, although I rarely notice that.

Barry
I agree. I did have one Paperwhite replaced, with no hassle, when I had a hotspot in a spot that was intrusive when reading. Other than that, they've been great. I'm hoping my Paperwhite 4 will be a worthy succesor. I'll find out when it comes...in January.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote