Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-06-2018, 11:11 AM   #1
sup
Connoisseur
sup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2012)
Make mobis downloaded via a recipe smaller

My e-mail provider refuses to send my downloaded news to my Kindle because the files are to large. I came up with this code (do not run if you have a tmp directory in your working directory):

Code:
ebook-convert big.mobi tmp.epub
unzip -d tmp tmp.epub   
cd tmp
find . -type f  \
-iregex  '^.*[.]\(jpg\|jpeg\|png\|gif\)$' \
-exec mogrify -quality 85 -resize '500x500>' {} \;
zip -Duro ../tmp1.epub .
cd ..
rm -rf tmp
ebook-convert tmp.epub small.mobi
Isn't there a simpler way to tell calibre to convert the images to smaller sizes?
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Calibre forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:55 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
choose an output profile in calibre with a small screen size, or use the compress_news_images parameter in the recipe itself.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote