Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 11:59 PM   #1
IzzyMad
Enthusiast
IzzyMad began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Cool InDesign And Word Settings PRS-505

Hi can anyone help I am trying to format several books for my PRS-505 and apart from Text Edit (I'm on a MAC) I can't get what I see on Microsoft Words or CS5 InDesign to look like what I get on my Ebook.

I've tried the settings suggested from Sony in "Sony Reader Guide for creating optimized PDF content - Exclusive Preview" Thread and it still looks OK... But when I start typing the font don't fit like they do on the book unless I do them as a PDF which just slows things down.

I use RTF's as this changes pages quickly and I have changed the fonts with Universal Flasher so other than the correct settings on these programs alls ok.

I would like to use these programs as they offer greater flexibility when editing an book but only if they look like what the finished article is.

Or even some suggestions as to which program would best suit.

So please can someone put me out of my misery

What! 40+ viewers and no replies!

Why? Is it that hard. No wonder I am struggling.

Please someone out there must know what I am doing wrong. Please

Well either there are a lot of people with the same problem who keep looking here for answers? (Lets share experiences at least, perhaps we can come up with something between us.)

Or there are a lot of people who just don't know the answer either way 100 views and no replies!

Am I on for some sort of record here?

Last edited by IzzyMad; 08-27-2010 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Surprise
IzzyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
indesign, prs-505, settings, word, wysiwyg