Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-30-2021, 11:53 AM   #106
Moonbase59
Zealot
Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Vision 5, Tolino Tab 8"
>Yes, Librera will support old devices as long as possible
That’s real good news!

>Yes, just set use Document style (please see screenshot)
I knew it was somewhere—thanks for the heads-up!

>You can compare mupdf 1.11 vs mupdf 1.19 in the latest build (beta.librera.mobi)
Thanks for investigating this matter. It seems mupdf 1.19 gets the bold right, but fails not only on the OTF font rules but also on ligatures (like "tz" in "Hatz") now. 1.11 got the ligatures right (albeit not the Fraktur typesetting rules) but failed on the bold.

I’d love to see better OpenType support in Librera, since it is still my favourite reader, and I recommend it to others. So it seems, currently only MoonReader does things correctly, CoolReader and Librera don’t (yet).

The reason I opted for an OpenType rule set (and a standard Antiqua base text) for setting Fraktur and Kurrent fonts was:
  • Easy switching to Antiqua fonts while keeping text readable for readers that can’t read Kurrent/Fraktur. I believe in "the Reader’s Choice".
  • Easy searching within the document, using Antiqua letters.
  • Only way to have current Text-to-Speech engines speak the text correctly.

I used "LOV" type fonts LOV.HammerUnziale.otf, LOV.NeueDeutscheKurrent.otf and LOV.UnicodeFraktur.otf from ligafaktur.de for this test.

If you want to experiment with these fonts (they also work in programs like LibreOffice), here is a link to the downloadable fonts and a guide (in German).

Here are some screenshots of MoonReader, CoolReader, Librera (1.11 mupdf) and the mupdf 1.18 Android Viewer.

As you can see, the "pure" mupdf 1.18 Android Viewer (installed from here) does everything correctly, so maybe we’ll have a chance for Librera to do as well?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211230-173409.png
Views:	161
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	191109   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211230-173450.png
Views:	160
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	191110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211230-175150.png
Views:	157
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	191111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211230-182105.png
Views:	157
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	191112  

Last edited by Moonbase59; 12-30-2021 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Added some more info, mupdf viewer 1.18 test
Moonbase59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 11:12 PM   #107
mackeev
mackeev began at the beginning.

Device: smartphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackeev View Post
There should be a topic posted in Librera's FAQ page
Here is the link.
mackeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 09:24 AM   #108
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Device: Librera PRO - 50% OFF - Black Friday
New Librera Reader 8.6.x is based on the new Mupdf 1.20.2 engine. It better supports epub books, fonts, and pdf. Also app with new vector icons.

Please write your feedback.
foobnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 11:58 AM   #109
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
This is rather pleasant, and I'm happy to have a replacement for EBookDroid that uses mupdf, which always seemed to have the best performance for me. The app is very snappy (in particular the library seems able to repopulate itself very quickly). I like it.

Hm, I'm still working out exactly how to use it, but here are a few comments I came up with after the first day.
  • I'd really like to be able to read PDFs with horizontal scrolling and the screen locked to 'fit width', but it seems like this is currently impossible, as scroll mode only does vertical scrolling and book mode won't automatically lock to screen width.
  • I kind of wish I could increase the interace's font size; it's pretty small!
  • Is there a way to always have the Android system elements hidden when you start reading a book? I haven't found it yet.
  • I'd like to be able to search my library by publisher, but it doesn't seem to pick up on publisher data as specified by Calibre. In fact often it seems to miss Calibre's metadata altogether and pull messy stuff out of the file; not sure if that's a problem here or in Calibre.

Last edited by Rand Brittain; 04-06-2023 at 12:04 PM.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote