Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 09-19-2016, 08:30 AM   #1
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Feature Request: Jump to CSS class

Hi

When seeing a part in the book that needs editing, I look into the code to see what CSS class it has, then I find that class, so I can edit it.

Would it be a lot of work to create a "Jump to CSS class" feature?

Like so:

- Highlight the CSS class in the HTML code
- Rightclick the class
- Menu option: "Jump to class" -> "style1.css"

The "Jump to class" menu option would have a submenu with all files that contained that class. When clicking the filename, the editor would then load the file (or switch to the tab of the file if it is already open), and move to the first occurrence of the class name.

If there is already a way to do this, then... uh... I won't know what to say
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:31 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Enable the Live CSS panel which shows you *all* css rules (not just classes) that match the tag you are currently editing, and you can click on the names in blue to jump to the location where the style rule is defined.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2016, 08:39 AM   #3
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Damn. I should have known. It shows that I sometimes don't edit books for months on end, and then I miss features when they're introduced

Thanks Although my 1920x1200 monitor is starting to feel small now...

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-20-2016 at 08:11 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:19 PM   #4
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Enable the Live CSS panel which shows you *all* css rules (not just classes) that match the tag you are currently editing, and you can click on the names in blue to jump to the location where the style rule is defined.
Although this does work, extending the already existing "Ctrl+click" functionality to follow class name links (like most other HTML/CSS editors do) would be quite useful.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 04:09 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
Although this does work, extending the already existing "Ctrl+click" functionality to follow class name links (like most other HTML/CSS editors do) would be quite useful.
Sure, but since I always use the much more powerful Live CSS myself, my motivation for it is not that high. Patches are welcome.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert