Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-26-2021, 07:17 PM   #1
jgbout
Groupie
jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Libra & PDFs --- my review

So, after all the threads and replies.... thanks everyone.

I got the Libra. Worrisome start with power adaptor issues, but seems to be working normal with a samsung wall charger.

Screen without a light on is a little darker than I thought and remember on eReaders (kinda grey/olive)

But.... PDFs

Surprise surprise, in Landscape my chess PDF book is completely readable ! even the small chess diagrams are clear. I do find the text in the PDF a little light in places.

Nothing is too small. BUT... if you read in portrait, yes, toooo small.
I will install KOReader soon and I imagine the bit of extra zoom it gives without the margins, and the ability to darken the text a bit will make PDFs a pleasure for me.

At the expense of saving $115 not getting the Forma, I'm happy so far.

Watching videos I really thought the light-Off screen was brighter or whiter than what it is. IS that normal?

One thing-- PDF reading --- there is a fair amount of ghosting left on the screen while reading --- is that normal?

Thanks all !
jgbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 11:33 AM   #2
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Ghosting is totally normal with e-ink technology.
Enjoy your Libra.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2021, 11:49 AM   #3
jgbout
Groupie
jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Thanks !

Now it's the daunting task (at least for me) of figuring out how to :

*get Calibre to transfer my series of books to my Libra but with proper sequence.
*And how to install KOReader.
*And how to Sync with Google Drive (I know there are tutorials, but still too technical)
Old 02-27-2021, 01:25 PM   #4
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Have you looked at KoboCloud? I use it; it's very useful.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 01:26 PM   #5
jgbout
Groupie

KoboCloud?
Nope
Advert
Old 02-27-2021, 01:27 PM   #6
jgbout
Groupie

Oh... that's the thing I mention in my last point, about syncing with Google Drive. I've seen the rather involved instructional.... think it's a little beyond me, that's why I'm hoping there's an idiot-proof guide somewhere.
Old 02-27-2021, 02:00 PM   #7
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
I can give you the "idiot proof guide" when I get home. But remember, there's a difference between idiots and curious beginners.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote