Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-20-2021, 01:46 PM   #151
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Last night I watched an episode of Vienna Blood, and decided it isn't for me. I find the acting to be too stilted and the mystery unoriginal. I figured out the twist as soon as they examined the body at the morgue.

Tonight I'm going to continue with me re-(re-re-re) watch of Midsomer Murders. I'm currently at season eight. Although I'm tempted to watch the latest season, twenty-one, since I haven't seen that yet and it'll be a while before I get there.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 02:20 PM   #152
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
What a FORCE OF NATURE.

astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2021, 10:18 PM   #153
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Just finished watching the NFL playoffs. KC is Super Bowl bound.

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 09:06 AM   #154
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
S1 of Ice Cold Murders on Prime - Italian. Hard-nosed Rome inspector ruffles some feathers and gets exiled to cold mountain town where he haunted by his murdered wife. Unfortunately S2 & S3 aren't on Prime so not sure if I'll get to see them.

Starting Grantchester S5, still getting used to the new vicar but first ep was pretty good - loved the all-girl band at the ball.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:31 PM   #155
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
GlassCar 2020 - Race 1 (C1) GP SunStorm

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2021, 01:42 AM   #156
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I'm watching Dickensian on Amazon Prime. Love the acting, setting and music, but after episode 6 last night it was too dark for me. But I'm back to watching it tonight. Still very sad. It is also available to watch on PBS Passport.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 02:01 PM   #157
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Last week I finished Lupin whilst cycling on my home trainer. I've now started Sweet Home, a Korean horror series and the first episode starts with a bang. At night I'm not sure what to watch at the moment. So I watched two season of Secret of the Underground and a documentary about the Amityville Horror house.

Sunday night is movie night. I'm very tempted to watch The Silence of the Lambs, again. Even if I watched it not too long ago. But I've also been thinking of watching the Godfather trilogy again, it's been a while. On the other hand I've also got a bunch of thriller and (crappy) horror movies on my list.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:32 AM   #158
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Just finished streaming all five seasons of 'Warehouse 13'. A light hearted sci-fi series, about secret agents who recover 'dangerous' artifacts and render them safe, before storing them in Warehouse 13! Sounds madder than it really is, I suppose, but good, easy going entertainment in these fraught times we are currently enduring!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 07:06 AM   #159
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm not a big fan of John Hannah but he and Suranne Jones are totally hilarious in A Touch of Cloth. Think Police Squad with the usual puns, non sequiturs and sight gags, throw in crime scenes worthy of Ash vs. Evil Dead and a chase scene right out of a Kung Fu movie and you'll get the idea.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:47 AM   #160
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I've been watching The Hunters on Amazon Prime. It's really good so far. Wish there was more than one season.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 01:51 PM   #161
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
The Hunters lost steam and I wasnt as crazy about the last episode, but will watch the new season if they come out with one.

I need to get back to The Boys. I don't watch much TV in general but really enjoyed the first season, and am behind since the second has been out for awhile.

Watched the first season of mindhunters, almost finished, that one is okay.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:50 PM   #162
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
6th season of Dexter. My wife is binging on it and no hockey tonight...
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:52 AM   #163
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Found one that amuses me, a series called 'Resident Alien'. Apparently based on a comic book, but it has some surreal and funny bits; enough to keep me happy!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 08:40 PM   #164
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by timebug View Post
Found one that amuses me, a series called 'Resident Alien'. Apparently based on a comic book, but it has some surreal and funny bits; enough to keep me happy!
I saw the first two episodes at my Dad's and enjoyed them! Unfortunately, at our house we don't get any of the streaming services that carry it.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 02:59 PM   #165
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I've been stuck in a bit of a rut. I've been binging on Expedition Unknown (a combination of a travel and historical program). I've also caught up with some other shows.

Tonight I'm going to start watching the documetary series Allen v. Farrow, HBO is included in our cable/internet package and it's finally appeared on there.