Notices

Old 03-29-2021, 05:42 AM   #1
jma02010
jma02010 began at the beginning.

Device: Nova 2
Problem with Nova 2 when writing

Hello guys

I'm quite desperate.
I started using yesterday a Nova 2, and it came to my attention that the pen starts writing without touching the screen, just when it's close enough (like 1cm approx) what makes it impossible to use the product. You cannot write a simple entire word like this...

Also sound doesn't work... I've tried several things like using an alarm or voice recording...

Anyone with same symptoms? FW is up to date...

Thanks
jma02010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 06:12 AM   #2
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
A Nova 2 has a microphone, good for dictating stuff using gboard / notes but does not have a builtin speaker.

Try calibrate again the pen from

note --> upper right icons --> settings
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2021, 11:11 PM   #3
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
Did you try factory reset and redoing pen calibration? I don't really understand how it would work, since 1 cm from the screen is pretty far...
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 05:21 PM   #4
jma02010

Thanks to all of you answering and helping.

I tried another Stylus (samsung) and works perfectly, therefore there might be something wrong with the one provided by Boox. I've talked to them and they are replacing mine, so no problem at all.

Wrt sound... Are you kidding me??? Doesn't it have a built in speaker?????
Then why do we have sound controls? Voice recorder? Alarms????

Also I was expecting a sound when writing, like if it was ordinary paper... No way????

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2021, 12:00 AM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma02010 View Post
Because stupid Bluetooth speakers can also be used - those without a volume control.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2021, 04:30 AM   #6
jma02010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Because stupid Bluetooth speakers can also be used - those without a volume control.
I was expecting a sound when writing, just to make the experience more realistic...

I don't want to use spotify on this device, obviously.

What a surprise....
Old 03-31-2021, 05:22 AM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
I was expecting a sound when writing, just to make the experience more realistic...
This is very difficult if there is no speaker - but you can use a bluetoother for this.
Quote:
I don't want to use spotify on this device, obviously.
Spotify is not necessary, but when you watch YouTube video, speakers are usually quite useful
Quote:
What a surprise....
What surprises you
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 05:33 AM   #8
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Note taking in a2 mode is quite good though.
I never used my nova2 for that until recently, when i found out an option i never noticed, to move tool column on the right side (i'm left handed).
Also dictating a note is fun.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 12:10 PM   #9
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
Quote:
Thanks to all of you answering and helping.

Lol, shouldn't you have known the specs before buying ?
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote