Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-23-2021, 09:25 AM   #1
fathead
Connoisseur
fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura H2O2, PocketBook THD3, PocketBook IP3, Nook ST
Bargain Forma

As JSWolf has mentioned in another thread, the Forma 32gb is on sale for 149 quid from Kobo UK.

I'm more than happy with my Inkpad but I think I'll grab one of these anyway - at that price, it's too good to pass up! That mobius screen would be ideal for my brother, the button masher.

Anyone else tempted or should I be looking for a catch?
fathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 10:09 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by fathead View Post
As JSWolf has mentioned in another thread, the Forma 32gb is on sale for 149 quid from Kobo UK.[...]

Anyone else tempted or should I be looking for a catch?
Only that there's a newer device due out 'soon' (whenever that is). I guess that's why it's on sale? But I'm often a big fan of trailing-edge technology, so you might be too.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 12:50 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
The new ereader from Kobo should be out in April

or

on

Mother's Day

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:07 PM   #4
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
The new ereader from Kobo should be out in April

or

on

Mother's Day

Where can I find such info about kobo?

And what is the device model, Forma2?
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:15 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post

We have very little information on the new Kobo. We'll find out if some store leaks details or Kobo is ready to release it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 10:51 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post

It is discussed in New Kobo (N604). Everything is speculation.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 02:29 AM   #7
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It is discussed in New Kobo (N604). Everything is speculation.
Yeah, I visit mobileread and goodereader from time to time for kobo news, heard that news one month ago but no exact release date or model name,
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:53 AM   #8
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Well, of course there is a new Forma coming out, I just bought one!

Seriously, I'm happy with my Forma. There always going to be something better coming out.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:32 AM   #9
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
As JSWolf has mentioned in another thread, the Forma 32gb is on sale for 149 quid from Kobo UK.
It's not on sale in the U.S. store.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:46 AM   #10
fathead
Connoisseur
fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fathead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
It's not on sale in the U.S. store.
Must be a brief, UK only offer. Maybe they found a pallet-load somewhere at the back of a warehouse and want to shift them quick - I'm happy to help them out with that if it means I get last year's flagship model at almost half price
Old 03-24-2021, 10:38 AM   #11
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
"You need a United Kingdom address to shop on our United Kingdom store."
The Ireland Store doesn't sell, nor list any Irish Sellers.
Amazon Germany sells in English and in Euros to Ireland. But the Forma there costs more than Likebook Mars. Currently the white Libra is about €10 cheaper than black Libra from Amazon DE, but postage makes the black Libra cheaper in local Argos IE. I think Order online and collect due to Lockdown.

It's STILL €100 more in Argos Ireland than the Libra. Which is a little less than it was, as I bought a Libre and a 10" Lenovo tablet for less than a Forma in December 2019.
https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stor...archTerms=Kobo

Also please state USA Mother's Day. Other places are not the same.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:42 AM   #12
RowdyRuff
Connoisseur
RowdyRuff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RowdyRuff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RowdyRuff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RowdyRuff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Forma, Nook ST
I've noticed that the past month or so, there have been sales on the Forma across mainland Europe with selected retailers - which is why I knew to look out for the sale and post it here after my second cup of tea of the morning, but nothing like the 'generosity' of the Forma32 deal in the UK.

I think the reasoning behing the deal is to quickly flog off the smaller stock of Forma32s (from the back of a truck) so that the focus can shift to the less generous Forma8 deal with masses more stock for disappointed straggling bargain hunters.

So, it looks like the new 32GB model, (is there never a model name-guessing game in here? (I'll go for Lumina)) is coming in at £250+

Last edited by RowdyRuff; 03-24-2021 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Cohesive thought issue
RowdyRuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:04 AM   #13
RowdyRuff
Connoisseur
RowdyRuff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RowdyRuff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RowdyRuff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RowdyRuff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Ordered Monday, delivered this morning and still haven't received any shipping info and still showing as processing on the Kobo website!
Old 03-25-2021, 09:57 AM   #14
fathead
Connoisseur

Oh, now you've got my hopes up. I ordered mine on Tuesday but since they said " allow 7 to 10 days for processing" I wasn't expecting it for weeks. Now I'm going to be stalking poor Postie!
Old 03-25-2021, 11:42 AM   #15
RowdyRuff
Connoisseur

Quote:
Oh, now you've got my hopes up. I ordered mine on Tuesday but since they said " allow 7 to 10 days for processing" I wasn't expecting it for weeks. Now I'm going to be stalking poor Postie!
TNT are the delivery partner for the UK. Hope this info makes your curtain-twitching more productive. x