Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-27-2021, 08:33 AM   #16
MrMonkey
MrMonkey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
The only issue I've had so far is sometimes my touch doesn't register as a page turn. Maybe once in every 10 pages. Otherwise, no issues.

This is my first Kobo ereader. I don't feel a pressing need to install a third-party app like koreader (although I may in the future.) I think the stock reader software is very good.

Last edited by MrMonkey; 07-27-2021 at 08:34 AM. Reason: grammar
MrMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 11:06 AM   #17
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I've been experiencing something similar, and it bothered me enough that I fixed it in KOReader : https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/8021
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:27 AM   #18
MrMonkey
MrMonkey began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I've been experiencing something similar, and it bothered me enough that I fixed it in KOReader : https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/8021
Sorry for the dumb question, but does this mean you use koreader on your Elipsa and thus cannot make notes/highlights?
MrMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 01:19 PM   #19
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I don't actually use my Elipsa for anything else than dealing with the Elipsa. But, no, KOReader only supports the pen as a dumb input device.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:42 PM   #20
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
The main issue I've had is that frequently the sleep screen won't appear when the device is sleeping. Has anybody else seen that?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:37 PM   #21
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
You need to link Dropbox in Settings. Then it will create a "Rakuten Kobo" folder in "Apps" in Dropbox. At that point, you can export to the "Exported Notebooks" folder in "Rakuten Kobo". It's all seamless once you link Dropbox in Settings. I hope they add support for exporting the .nebo notebook files, but having support for PDF, JPEG & PNG is nice.

Does that help?
I had annoted notes before creating the link with my account, am I screwed? Because I don't see any option to export notebooks.
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:40 PM   #22
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMonkey View Post
The only issue I've had so far is sometimes my touch doesn't register as a page turn. Maybe once in every 10 pages. Otherwise, no issues.

This is my first Kobo ereader. I don't feel a pressing need to install a third-party app like koreader (although I may in the future.) I think the stock reader software is very good.
This is my fifth Kobo model and the non-registering hit is there since the beginning of touch devices. However, I haven't noticed it with the Elipsa yet and it surprised me.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:42 PM   #23
Mercador
I'm not a number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
The main issue I've had is that frequently the sleep screen won't appear when the device is sleeping. Has anybody else seen that?
When I open the cover, it is at the page I had left at 50% of the time, otherwise I see the cover. It seems pretty inconsistent but it's not something that bothers me. I guess I had such a bad first impressions of the Aura One that I was expecting way worse with Elipsa.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:59 PM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
When I open the cover, it is at the page I had left at 50% of the time, otherwise I see the cover. It seems pretty inconsistent but it's not something that bothers me. I guess I had such a bad first impressions of the Aura One that I was expecting way worse with Elipsa.
Are you saying it isn't sleeping when you close the cover, or that it isn't waking when you open it? When sleeping the book cover should be shown (depending on the settings). And it should go away and show where ever you where when you closed the cover? I do see the book cover when I open the cover of my Kobo devices, but, it is only for a second or so as the device wakes fully. What is then shown depends on what I was doing when I closed the cover. If I was reading, the page I was on is shown, otherwise, it is wherever I was in the UI.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 12:58 PM   #25
Mercador
I'm not a number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Are you saying it isn't sleeping when you close the cover, or that it isn't waking when you open it? When sleeping the book cover should be shown (depending on the settings). And it should go away and show where ever you where when you closed the cover? I do see the book cover when I open the cover of my Kobo devices, but, it is only for a second or so as the device wakes fully. What is then shown depends on what I was doing when I closed the cover. If I was reading, the page I was on is shown, otherwise, it is wherever I was in the UI.
Sometimes, I see the cover, some other times, I see the page I was reading. Does it flash that fast when I open the cover ? Who knows, I guess I should ask Schrödinger cat on that one.
Old 08-01-2021, 04:45 AM   #26
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
I guess nobody has NO PROBLEMS with their Elipsa. The topic creep is my fault. I helped troubleshoot somebody, and when you troubleshoot, you have to discuss troubles. LOL But my Elipsa has been stable for the past week and a half, I think. Perhaps the last firmware fixed some of the early problems I ran into.

So what has gone right for you and your Elipsa? I've found the pen and notebooks fun to use. I love scribbling notes in the margins of my books.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 10:35 AM   #27
Mercador
I'm not a number!

Quote:
I guess nobody has NO PROBLEMS with their Elipsa. The topic creep is my fault. I helped troubleshoot somebody, and when you troubleshoot, you have to discuss troubles. LOL But my Elipsa has been stable for the past week and a half, I think. Perhaps the last firmware fixed some of the early problems I ran into.

So what has gone right for you and your Elipsa? I've found the pen and notebooks fun to use. I love scribbling notes in the margins of my books.
Still trying to find a way to export my notes to Dropbox.. I don't see the option.
Old 08-01-2021, 06:55 PM   #28
vintodrimmer
Seen this place before
vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
I’d say that since the last device change and firmware update, I’m very happy with the device. Yeah, lighting isn’t super uniform, but reading is an absolute pleasure and note taking is getting better.

Now I just need to install Koreader and check the thread about syncthing for an alternative to git for syncing everything.
vintodrimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:56 PM   #29
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercador View Post
Still trying to find a way to export my notes to Dropbox.. I don't see the option.

Wait, you mean notes, as in your annotations from within books, not notebooks? I didn't catch that before. You can't export annotations. Only notebooks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-02-2021, 11:02 PM   #30
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintodrimmer View Post
I’d say that since the last device change and firmware update, I’m very happy with the device. Yeah, lighting isn’t super uniform, but reading is an absolute pleasure and note taking is getting better.

Now I just need to install Koreader and check the thread about syncthing for an alternative to git for syncing everything.

Yes, the last firmware did fix things here and there.

I also like how I can tap anywhere now in a sentence for edits when adding a note to a highlight instead of using the direction keys. It's not quite as responsive as my Kindle when reinserting the cursor into the middle of text, but it's a great step in the right direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro