Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-30-2010, 02:20 AM   #1
denclock
denclock began at the beginning.

Device: Libre Pro/ Jetbook, 9" Pandigital Novel
Anyone knows the best format for a CBR on a Jetbook/Libre

I managed to convert a comic (CBR) and get it to work on epub and pdf. The PDF isn't really great, as it adds blank pages and has only whole page functionality. Epub looked ok, but it also only displayed whole page. I used calibre.

I was wondering what settings works best. I am new to this so I am not really sure of anything.

Also the text is hard to read on the epub.
Any suggestions would help.

Last edited by denclock; 01-30-2010 at 03:15 AM.
denclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:18 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I would guess reading full page comic images would not be so bad on the
JetBook Lite (JBL) or the regular JB, if you use the OK button page section
zooming/navigation function. Two presses gets you to a four part page.
Then you can use the direction to navigate from there. Works on full page
PDF images. I haven't made or noticed any full page image type epub books,
so I can't say if it works with them.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
denclock

I guess I should have been a little more specific. I actually have the Aluratek Libre Pro, though there wasn't a forum here for it and I know that the Libre is quite similar to the jetbook.

I don't think that the Libre has that specific function though that may have to do with reflow.

Thanks very much for you help though.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
denclock

I think I have figured it out. I used JE Comics to convert to a pdf ( I think that I used the iliad portrait setting (though I do not know if that is the best way to go), and then I turned reflow off on my libre pro, then I changed it to lanscape, then magnified it to 150 or 200, and it works well.

Hope that helps someone, and if anyone knows of a better way let me know, or if there is a way using calibre that is better. Also, are any of the other settings in JE comics better to use for my libre?

Thanks for your help Ken!