Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
Joyxelle
Joyxelle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
My KOBO GLO is not responding whatsoever.

I was reading a book the day after yesterday on my Kobo glo with the light on set into the minumum level. I went to Annotations page and now it won't respond to anything. Its stuck on that page with the light turned ON.

I tried turning the device off, nothing happens.
I tried turning its light off, nothing happens.
I tried connecting it to my computer, my computer would not recognize it either.

I don't know what else to do. Should I just wait for its battery to completely drain?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 day has passed, it's still stuck on that page. BUT the light turned OFF by itself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kobo Glo is only 1 1/2 month old.
Was reading a 2.1mb book.

Please me.
Joyxelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
luchtgitaar
luchtgitaar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Did you try the reset pin?
luchtgitaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
Joyxelle
Joyxelle began at the beginning.

Yeah nevermind. That solved the problem right away. Sorry, that was a noob question.

To any mods please feel free to delete this thread.
Joyxelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Something to remember is that unlike a PC or a MAC, if the Kobo eReading application crashes, it is more than likely that the screen will stay looking like a book IS being read.

There is a long standing intermittent issue I still see on my Touch where the screen stops responding to presses. At least on the Touch I can then press the button to return to the main screen (but this too is non responsive).

At this point all I can do is to turn the unit off; this requires a LONG hold over of the power switch. I can't remember if the screen changes at this point to the power off or not. Finally, a power back on and the device is back working again.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
desert dog
Zealot
desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2,3 Voyage,Oasis 1&2, Kobo Glohd, Aura hd, Kmini, H2O 1&2
Had that happen to my Kglo last week. The paperclip pushed into the little hole in the bottom trick got me unstuck..
desert dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyxelle View Post
Yeah nevermind. That solved the problem right away. Sorry, that was a noob question.

To any mods please feel free to delete this thread.

Your issue (and the solution) can be helpful for our community.

Thank you - and welcome to MobileRead.

Don
(MobileRead)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #7
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
At this point all I can do is to turn the unit off; this requires a LONG hold over of the power switch. I can't remember if the screen changes at this point to the power off or not. Finally, a power back on and the device is back working again.
Normally the screen DOESN'T change in this case, but with the Glo normally the light will go off. I was doing some stupid sync/cancel sync stuff that caused mine to lock this way and pin reset was the only cure (light stayed on until that).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote