Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 09-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
elena
Connoisseur
elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: CyBook Gen3
help! fonts in MS reader?

Hallo, I hope I'm not horribly off topic here.

I ehm.. accidentally deleted some fonts, among which there was Berling Antiqua Bold...
Now, I use Microsoft Reader add-in for Word to make MSReader eBook, which use Berling Antiqua font by default, so now I can't have any bold in text. I tried to reinstall the program, but it didn't work because it didn't reinstall the fonts.
Is there any way to have it back?
elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:01 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Did you try reinstalling MS Reader itself? I think the fonts come with the Reader. See Microsoft Reader for Desktop and Laptop PC, and note:
Quote:
If you already have an older version of Microsoft Reader installed, uninstall your old version using the Add/Remove Programs control panel, then download the latest installation file.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
elena
Connoisseur
elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: CyBook Gen3
Eureka! I finally solved the mystery

It was a translation problem. Italic and Bold had the same name, not the same filename, but they were both attributed with the same name in the registry, so while having both files, only one was recognized by the OS.
I had to change the name of the registry key associated to Italic and create a new one for Bold and now it works perfectly well
elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
jumpjack
jumpjack began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
Eureka! I finally solved the mystery

It was a translation problem. Italic and Bold had the same name, not the same filename, but they were both attributed with the same name in the registry, so while having both files, only one was recognized by the OS.
I had to change the name of the registry key associated to Italic and create a new one for Bold and now it works perfectly well
does anybody know how to implement this ancient tip on a Windows CE device?
Which key to search?
jumpjack is offline   Reply With Quote