Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
ALL ABOUT LIGHTS!!! Welcome New Kindle Owners! Ask your Light questions here!

While the new K3 covers have the option to have lights, I'm sure some of you are getting different covers and looking for lights. I have the Kandle light. I'm not real jazzed about it, and have had better lights. Share your questions about lights here!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kandle.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	63509  
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
And don't forget, the Amazon lighted cover is awesome......here is a great video.......for some reason, I can't get it to "embed"..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sINv...ext=1&index=16
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 02:39 AM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
bump for the morning crew
Old 12-26-2010, 07:02 AM   #4
purpleinnej
purpleinnej began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3rd Gen
Something slimmer than the cover?

I am looking for a light for my Kindle. I have come across the covers on amazon with the built in light. And while a cover might be nice, I don't foresee the need for one (yet?). All I really want is a light. BUT, I don't like the way the one with the covers sticks way out when in use. Does anyone know of anything with a slimmer design? I'm thinking one that clips on and has the battery pack along the back of the Kindle? I don't know if one exists like that or not.
purpleinnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Some folks like the high tech design of, I think it is, the Octovo solis??? A kind of block of aluminum.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
Head Lights

I found a wonderful baseball style hat at Eddie Bauer with three different light choices built it. I bought three of them. I have tried it at night sitting in my card and on the couch with all the lights in the house off, the hat works very well.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleinnej View Post
I am looking for a light for my Kindle. I have come across the covers on amazon with the built in light. And while a cover might be nice, I don't foresee the need for one (yet?). All I really want is a light. BUT, I don't like the way the one with the covers sticks way out when in use. Does anyone know of anything with a slimmer design? I'm thinking one that clips on and has the battery pack along the back of the Kindle? I don't know if one exists like that or not.
this has been the best light I have found so far. I've lost it, but will eventually replace it. it's not as clunky as it looks and the arm is very flexible. I highly recommend you get a cover of some sort if you ever take your kindle with you anywhere. welcome to the forums!
Old 12-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #8
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Is there a reason for 3 of these threads?
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #9
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
Is there a reason for 3 of these threads?
yes. 1. covers, 2. lights, 3. skins. we used to have stickies for all of these things but they were taken away. I figured with a bunch of people possibly receiving kindles for the holidays, having places that they could quickly come and look for a reference would be preferable to having as many questions about, say, covers for instance, as there are new kindle owners.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
They are about 3 separate subjects, lights, skins and covers. I appreciate that KK is trying to corral the information in common, and hopefully future stickied, threads.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
They are about 3 separate subjects, lights, skins and covers. I appreciate that KK is trying to corral the information in common, and hopefully future stickied, threads.
and these are the most frequently asked accessory questions now that the cord issues have been resolved
Old 12-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #12
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
this has been the best light I have found so far. I've lost it, but will eventually replace it. it's not as clunky as it looks and the arm is very flexible. I highly recommend you get a cover of some sort if you ever take your kindle with you anywhere. welcome to the forums!
I have this same light, and I agree it's great. The only slight issue I have with mine is the color. There have been times when I've had to change the positioning of the light away from what would be ideal as far as viewing the screen is concerned because the light would actually reflect off the silver finish and shine in my eyes - like a hot spot on the screen, but from the base instead. If I had to do it over again I would buy the light in a heartbeat, but I'd get black instead of silver this time!
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #13
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I think mine was white? maybe? it is a little bright also, but it does work well!
Old 12-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #14
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

we got stickied!!!!

Thank You!!!!
Old 12-26-2010, 10:06 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I use the Mighty Bright TravelFlex.
It's slimmer and lightweight compared to the regular Mighty Bright XtraFlex 2 light.
It uses only one AAA battery.

I attach the light to the middle of my Kindle case and it works really wells.

I also own the Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 but it's too bright for me. I use it for a nightlight instead.

I'm still looking for a light to use in bed that doesn't bother the person next to you. I bought the lighted cover but Hubby complains when I use it so I use the Travel Flex for now but sometimes when I am shifting positions he growls at me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle light cover