Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 02-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
readit
Enthusiast
readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.

Device: Binatone ReadMeClassic 6",TravelmateC110 10.4",HTC Wizard WinMobile
BINATONE £35 ReadMeClassic's Display looks the same eInk'y as kindle

It seems to have the same display quality like the kindle I see in the shop!

(There is no Binatone-Forum-section, that's why I started a new thread)

After comparing my Binatone right next to the kindle when I went shopping, I expected a difference, but was surprised to see no lack of quality...

BINATONE 2283 SLIMLINE READ ME CLASSIC 6" E-READER , price around £35
(In the picture is only text, but (pdf)pictures look very good as well)

- Screen resolution 600x800 pixels,
- Supported e-book format: TXT, PDF, HTML, CHM, RTF, FB2, EPUB, TCR, Open E-book, Open reader, MOBI

- Built-In Memory 2GB
- Expandable Memory SD memory slot supports up to 32GB
- Battery Life ...in my case at least 1 month

Surely there are differences in software,Menue etc, but not the display - which surprises me a bit.
readit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The Binatone web site is very confusing claiming on the first screen that it is TFT but on other pages it says it is E ink. See http://www.binatonetelecom.com/produ...e-classic.html. It seems the V2 model is e Ink but hard to find on the web site.

The manual says it is e Ink. I have emailed the site to get this straightened out.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 02-14-2012 at 01:58 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I built a wiki page for this ReadMe Classic
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
saiyuki
Enthusiast
saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: binatone ReadMe, Kobo Touch, Scroll Extreme 2
I had one of these as my first reader (my wife kindly gave it away to my daughter because she bought me a Kobo ). As it included an MP3 player it was ideal for not only reading e-books, but also listening to Audio books.

The lack of Font choice was problematic for me as i like skinny text. The Classic built-in Fonts are somewhat thicker, giving the impression of bold text only.

When reading outside in the sunshine, the screen heats up and the text always faded, but would come back sharp again after the screen cooled down. Whether this was a problem with my reader or the reader in general, i don't know.

Apart from that, if the Fonts were thinner i would not hesitate to get another one.

Regards Saiyuki

Last edited by saiyuki; 03-27-2012 at 12:44 PM.
saiyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:38 AM   #5
readit
Enthusiast
readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.readit has never been to obedience school.

Device: Binatone ReadMeClassic 6",TravelmateC110 10.4",HTC Wizard WinMobile
Nice to see there are some users out there - even a wiki page! )
yes, I notice this "sun phenomen" as well, not too much disturbing; refreshing helps mostly.

What I really DISLIKE (..not that you guys think I sell this reader) is

- the un-thought-through menu: every file-lenght longer than ...xyz(too short)-characters is cut off, and you dont see the ending/filetype - on the left hand side a lot of space is wasted with the tree structure - it would be much better horizontal.

- the slowness of the menue

But, as mentioned somwhere else; if my binatone would drop into the sea it's a much smaller loss than a higher priced device (..relevant for the fellows with boats)
..regarding this, I managed to get a strap attached at the right hand bottom backside corner; I don't know if this was meant to be for it, but it works fine!

Question: anybody experience about software-updates for this reader?
readit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 04:54 AM   #6
saiyuki
Enthusiast
saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saiyuki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: binatone ReadMe, Kobo Touch, Scroll Extreme 2
Unfortunately i haven't been able to track down any updates at all for this reader. I know a couple of people that would not entertain such a reader, purely because of the name 'Binatone'. Personally i don't really care what it's called as long as it does the job reasonably well.

Regards saiyuki
saiyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #7
ijk
ijk began at the beginning.

Device: ReadMe Classic (2283)
I have requested calibre recognise this reader.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/977650
ijk is offline   Reply With Quote