Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #286
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
It already can! Firmware 1.9 on the WiFi supports CBR / CBZ
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:03 PM   #287
RealityMonster
RealityMonster began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Sony-PRS500
I'm going to browse through the 20 pages of replies soon, but has anyone already mentioned the rendering accuracy? My Kobo renders pages much less accurately (in terms of graphical embellishments and spacing, sometimes diagrams) than my Sony does. There are good reasons for me to use my Kobo instead, sometimes, so it would be nice if I could guarantee that they look the same. It's a bit disappointing that my PRS500 renders the books I buy from the Kobo store better than the Kobo (1st gen) reader that I have.

Part of the problem is that the desktop reader itself also renders these elements incorrectly, so I guess it's not limited to a firmware request.

Anyway, if it's unclear what I'm talking about, I'll post some pictures later.
RealityMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #288
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
I wonder if there is any possibility of shelves or collections? I'm a genre reader and I read tons and tons of multi-part series. Cataloging them is a nightmare and requires a personally repugnant work-around.

I would also love to be able to lend books.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #289
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo and Kobo H20
It would be great if the web browser had a landscape mode. It would really help make good use of the small screen.

Overalll, the browser is awesome; I'm using it to write this post.
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #290
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Aura ONE, Android cell phone
Just to mention it again: please fix the bug that keeps defaulting back to sorting books by title, and won't remember that I want them sorted by author.
amo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #291
exNookie
exNookie has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Touch
removed (in wrong thread)

Last edited by exNookie; 07-28-2011 at 12:23 PM.
exNookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #292
happyfrog
happyfrog began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Talking

moved to different thread. posted in wrong thread. oops.

Last edited by happyfrog; 08-03-2011 at 05:22 PM.
happyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #293
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Well, I also REALLY would like the same zooming/panning/locking-into-place PDF options that the Sony uses. But for right now, I have my Sony for that. What I DON'T have on my Sony is a store that can sync across an eReader and my phone.

Also, +1 to the Kobo support team being so proactive to talk to us. That's GOLDEN.
Apart from fixes the Kobo team have already told us are on the way, being able to turn pages in PDFs while zoomed is my #1 request to the team. (I don't have another ebook reader to fall back on.)

And yes, +1 to the Kobo devs for responsiveness.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:43 AM   #294
historyb
historyb began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Wireless
I was wondering if they could put a feature where we can bookmark the sentence or paragraph were we left off
historyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #295
Little_bear
Groupie
Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little_bear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch (gifted to a friend), Sony PRS-T2, iPad mini
My sister has a Kobo Wifi that I use it from time to time (when I visit her), and I would like to see these features: organize the books in shelves/collections, see the tags and be able to sort the books based on the tags, use the dictionary with the books that are not bought from Kobo website, have more font sizes, see the description of the books.
Little_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #296
tb74
tb74 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiSara View Post
I want both! When reading a non-Kobo book, it only tells you number of pages, not number in chapter.

I'd like to see something like "Page X of X / Y of Y" where X tells you chapter and Y tells you total of book.

Because I like to know how far I am in the book, but also the chapter (especially at night when I keep thinking, I'll just read until the next chapter and that turns out to be 50 pages away!)
Agreed! Page locations please!
tb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #297
ag101
ag101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Less laggy PDF support and I'm completely happy! The ability to turn pages while zoomed in would be great, and (I'm not sure if this is implemented already) I'd like to see the zoom properties saved when going to the next page as well.
ag101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:41 AM   #298
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag101 View Post
The ability to turn pages while zoomed in would be great, and (I'm not sure if this is implemented already) I'd like to see the zoom properties saved when going to the next page as well.
Amen! These two features would make the Kobo extremely useful for reading long PDFs such as ebooks.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:20 AM   #299
blastyrant
blastyrant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blastyrant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blastyrant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: KOBO WIFI
I've read that as of July 27th, 2011, the Touch (v1.9.6) has dictionary support for side-loaded ePubs. I would very much like to see this support offered on the WIFI version of the KOBO (and the v1 for that matter).

The dictionary was my main reason for purchasing the KOBO and the local rep at the shop I frequent had me believing that it worked on all books, never was it mentioned that there might be limitations.

I would like to see FONT support for the WIFI, as I understand it you can only add fonts to the Touch?

I would like to see the bug fixed that resets my directory viewing settings after the KOBO scans for new books. It is only a tad annoying, something I can live with, but it would be lovely to see it addressed.

Support of simple .TXT and .RTF files to the WIFI would be another welcomed edition.

I would also love to see a rename feature for books using the virtual keyboard.

Zooming and scrolling of zoomed .CBR files would make reading comics on a 6in display feasible. Currently .CBR is a nice alternative for a bunch of photos but not very useful for comics. Also a landscape view for CBRs would be a nice addition, again with zoom and scrolling of zoomed images.

Cheers!

Last edited by blastyrant; 08-24-2011 at 12:59 AM.
blastyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #300
khourianya
TechnoBookworm
khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini
This one is a "pie in the sky" dream...but I was thinking today that a feed reader would be nice...something I could connect to my Google reader from...
khourianya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo