Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-08-2017, 02:23 PM   #31
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Two of the forums, Top Reviewers and Kindle, were given a reprieve until the 13th, the others have disappeared from the ether, replaced by the message that library addict quotes.
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:29 PM   #32
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I am very upset about it. I have gotten so many recs from readers on genre specific forums there. I read a lot of great books because of those threads.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:45 PM   #33
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That's something I never stuck around to witness. It's a shame how some people have nothing better to do than to bully others.
I agree. If two people have opposing views on a book (or movie) then they have opposing views. Neither is right or wrong in themselves. And what does bullying accomplish really? If anything it just weakens the bullies case for what they believed about a given book or movie. And it showed that the bully wasn't as mature as those he/she was bullying either. I always figure if someone can't make their point without screaming, throwing a tantrum, threats, etc. then they really aren't worth listening to. Here at MR we seem to have a better class of people. Sometimes we disagree about things but generally things remain civil if nothing else, and if it does look like things are starting to get out of hand first one of the mods posts a warning and then (if necessary) the thread can even be closed. Hard to scream at others if the thread is sealed and really I've not noticed that having to happen a lot here. Usually just the mods posting a warning seems to be enough to remind us to play nice together.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:02 PM   #34
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I agree. If two people have opposing views on a book (or movie) then they have opposing views. Neither is right or wrong in themselves. And what does bullying accomplish really? If anything it just weakens the bullies case for what they believed about a given book or movie. And it showed that the bully wasn't as mature as those he/she was bullying either. I always figure if someone can't make their point without screaming, throwing a tantrum, threats, etc. then they really aren't worth listening to. Here at MR we seem to have a better class of people. Sometimes we disagree about things but generally things remain civil if nothing else, and if it does look like things are starting to get out of hand first one of the mods posts a warning and then (if necessary) the thread can even be closed. Hard to scream at others if the thread is sealed and really I've not noticed that having to happen a lot here. Usually just the mods posting a warning seems to be enough to remind us to play nice together.
I think I once saw "ok you two that is enough. No one wants to hear your argument. "
That stopped it.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:53 PM   #35
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I think I once saw "ok you two that is enough. No one wants to hear your argument. "
That stopped it.
Probably something like that. We do have our contentions but we keep it civil. That's one of the great things about MR I think.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:12 PM   #36
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Aaaand, new forums are up...

https://www.amazonforum.com

Welcome to the new Digital and Device Forum!
We hope you enjoy our new expanded forums! To provide you with a richer experience, our team of forum moderators have collected some of the top questions and answers our customers have posted, and we’ve created posts in each area to help you. Please review them and post any other questions you might have. We invite you to explore the new forums and get to know your community.
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:52 PM   #37
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Thanks for the link. I think it looks pretty good at first glance. Time will tell.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:02 PM   #38
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Probably something like that. We do have our contentions but we keep it civil. That's one of the great things about MR I think.
MR has mods who actually moderate and pay attention to what is going on. The Amazon forums have never had even-handed proper moderation, although it was better a few years ago. Especially during the Kindle Pro Times...the Pros had easy access to the mods when necessary.

The new forums were populated by Amazon Staff opening posts in the various topic sections. A lot of incorrect info was posted by them. Flat out wrong and incomplete to the point of useless.

The format is tough to read...very tiny and thin fonts. I can’t read them using my iPad Pro in Safari it is that small.

I’ll be curious to see what changes and additions are made. There is no link to CS, no explanation that the forums are not CS, and no warnings about posting personal info. It’s not unusual to see email address, phone numbers, and even full credit card numbers posted.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:23 AM   #39
Alpha o
Addict
Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Darwin, inkBOOK Obsidian
This appeared in a Tech Aggregator this AM (Daily Rotation)

https://the-digital-reader.com/2017/...ital+Reader%29

This might not apply to the forums you liked, but-----
Alpha o is offline   Reply With Quote