Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Thanks Blossom, thought I had something messed up on the Screen Dim where is my compact mode. Too bad I liked it. Thanks I will fix my presets. It is normal for Screen Dim to go off when you power down the SMP5? I would rather it stayed dim.

Do you turn yours off ever? I do cause I am just not use to everything yet. I plan to listen to audiobooks and just pause on the headphone, will that use up power?

How do you convert the Audible to MP3? I don't like paying for something and being tied down to having to sign on Audible.

Blossom can you tell me what Apps you have on your SMP5? Is it the same as your KF? I sure wish Amazon would update Mantano App, I prefer buying form them. They refund you if you mess up ordering something that isn't compatible. Did that with the KFHD.

Thanks Blossom.
Yep it is normal for it to not be active after a Restart. Once you add a preset shortcuts on the screen it's super easy to turn on and off.

I only restart mine if it's acting strange. Just like you would a PC otherwise I leave it locked. I do the Kindle Fire the same way.

Oh wow Apps. I have many Apps. Kindle 3.6, Amazon App store, Amazon MP3, Audible, ES File Explorer, Dropbox, Mantano, Goodreads, Tune in Radio Pro, Slacker Radio, Facebook, History Eraser Pro, Apps2SD Pro, Evernote, Pocket, Opera Mini, Dolphin Mini, Pulse, WiFi Switch, Dogcatcher, OverDrive, TapaTalk and Netflix. There may be more but my SGP5 is upstairs at the moment.

Google Play has a 15 minute app refund policy that is super easy to do. You have 15 Minutes after buying to test the app. They don't even charge your card till the 15 Minutes is up. I've return a few apps this way. I prefer Google Play because I know I am getting the latest version of an app and hardly any of them use DRM like Amazon does.

It depends on the app used when paused if it uses power or not.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #32
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yep it is normal for it to not be active after a Restart. Once you add a preset shortcuts on the screen it's super easy to turn on and off.

I only restart mine if it's acting strange. Just like you would a PC otherwise I leave it locked. I do the Kindle Fire the same way.

Oh wow Apps. I have many Apps. Kindle 3.6, Amazon App store, Amazon MP3, Audible, ES File Explorer, Dropbox, Mantano, Goodreads, Tune in Radio Pro, Slacker Radio, Facebook, History Eraser Pro, Apps2SD Pro, Evernote, Pocket, Opera Mini, Dolphin Mini, Pulse, WiFi Switch, Dogcatcher, OverDrive, TapaTalk and Netflix. There may be more but my SGP5 is upstairs at the moment.

Google Play has a 15 minute app refund policy that is super easy to do. You have 15 Minutes after buying to test the app. They don't even charge your card till the 15 Minutes is up. I've return a few apps this way. I prefer Google Play because I know I am getting the latest version of an app and hardly any of them use DRM like Amazon does.

It depends on the app used when paused if it uses power or not.
Thanks Blossom. I am using MortPlayer Audiobook. Also Audible. My earbuds switch does nothing, I tried in Samsung Music, MortPlayer, and AUdible it does nothing. I can't find anything online so far about it either.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks Blossom. I am using MortPlayer Audiobook. Also Audible. My earbuds switch does nothing, I tried in Samsung Music, MortPlayer, and AUdible it does nothing. I can't find anything online so far about it either.
The Earbuds switch works for pausing/unpausing music in Samsung music app and it works on Amazon MP3 as well. Make sure the earbuds are full plugged in. It took me a couple tries to break in the port.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #34
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The Earbuds switch works for pausing/unpausing music in Samsung music app and it works on Amazon MP3 as well. Make sure the earbuds are full plugged in. It took me a couple tries to break in the port.
Thanks that was it. They don't are not real responsive like my Ipod Touch Sony earbuds. The Apple brand earbuds were lousy. I wonder if they have any compatible earbuds for function like the Samsungs are, that work better.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks that was it. They don't are not real responsive like my Ipod Touch Sony earbuds. The Apple brand earbuds were lousy. I wonder if they have any compatible earbuds for function like the Samsungs are, that work better.
I prefer my JVC marshmallows.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #36
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I get most of my Audiobooks from my library through Overdrive. Some are in MP3 and those will work on Android tablets. For WMA version I use my Sansa Clip Zip.
For WMA, I use either my Clip Zip or my iPod touch. The iPod is really handy for home use, because of the charging speaker dock.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #37
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is the 5.8" version available yet?
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #38
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
For WMA, I use either my Clip Zip or my iPod touch. The iPod is really handy for home use, because of the charging speaker dock.
Which reminds me my Sansa Clip Zip is a problem for Mac users; Audible and wma audiobooks from the library require a Windows computer. I just tried again with my Sansa Clip Zip I had in my closet because of this. Audible still has not made any attempt to make it work with a Mac, and Sansa Clip Zip.

Can you use Overdrive App and load wma without using a computer? Probably not, just thought I would ask. How do you use the Overdrive App from the library on your Android device?

Last edited by new; 12-08-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 12-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #39
new

Quote:
Hey wait a minute you can't play WMA on an Ipod touch. What?
Old 12-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #40
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hey wait a minute you can't play WMA on an Ipod touch. What?
You can. OverDrive WMA audiobooks get converted during download; but Windows only. There's probably and agreement between Apple, OverDrive, and the publishers.

I frequently download WMA audiobooks from the library onto my iPod touch.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #41
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Can you use Overdrive App and load wma without using a computer? Probably not, just thought I would ask. How do you use the Overdrive App from the library on your Android device?
No; the OverDrive app only supports MP3 and EPUB. Unfortunately, most library audiobooks are in WMA and that requires a Windows machine for download.

Go to OverDrive help for instructions on using the app:
Old 12-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #42
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Galaxy Player 5.8.. when is it available? and where? I looked and played with the 5.. but the 5.8 looks bigger and nicer.. the 5.8 is the same as the Galaxy Note 2 phone minus the phone from what I have been told.. I want one.. where can I get one..? it would be a great e-reader I would think.. only a tiny bit smaller than the Kindle PW..
Doug
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #43
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
OH. I checked availability of 5.8 and found one on eBay for $410.. I would think when they release the 5.8 they will be around $250 and the 5.0 will drop to around $150.. maybe I'm looking at wrong place.. HELP WANTED on availability and where to get the Player 5.8
Doug
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #44
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
OH. I checked availability of 5.8 and found one on eBay for $410.. I would think when they release the 5.8 they will be around $250 and the 5.0 will drop to around $150.. maybe I'm looking at wrong place.. HELP WANTED on availability and where to get the Player 5.8
Doug
It's not out yet. Sometime in the Spring was the rumor. 5.8 would be too big for me. Too close to a Kindle screen size.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #45
new

Quote:
You can. OverDrive WMA audiobooks get converted during download; but Windows only. There's probably and agreement between Apple, OverDrive, and the publishers.

I frequently download WMA audiobooks from the library onto my iPod touch.
Okay I am getting a Windows now! Especially since my Audible is up next month.

Thanks for telling me that. I had no idea you could play wma on Ipods, and I can still get those on my Android if I download on Windows first right?

Last edited by new; 12-10-2012 at 11:43 PM.