Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 11-11-2018, 04:18 PM   #1
poorconsumer
poorconsumer began at the beginning.

Device: none
Apps for the boyue likebook mars

I got a boyue likebook mars a little ago, and I was wondering if you guys know of any apps that work well with this reader, like an alternative reading app or a manga/comic app. One example that comes to mind is koreader.

I'm aware that I can install stuff from the playstore, but I've noted that the vast majority of it doesn't work very well. I heard that onyx devices have their own store for e-ink optimized apps. Is there anything like this for the mars?
poorconsumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:04 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Check out this thread for apps the are E-ink friendly.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2018, 05:55 AM   #3
azw409
Connoisseur
azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.

Device: Solar powered Kobo Touch running Android, Onyx M96C, Likebook Mars
I tried KOReader and wasn't that impressed TBH. Moon+Reader and Kindle both work well. Google Chrome works fine in A2 mode. I also use a couple of UK newspaper apps: The Guardian and The Telegraph and these also work well although the The Guardian is by far the better for eInk.
azw409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:05 AM   #4
feelmaroon
Connoisseur
feelmaroon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 4, PW2, Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Aura One
I really like Kiwix on my Lifebook Mars. I basically have offloaded all of Wikipedia up until 2017 which is about 50 gigs (still have 70+ on the microsd for audio and books). It's nice to have encyclopedia like reading offline and the search works well whether I suddenly hear someone talking about Miles Davis on the subway and I want to read about him to geography to architecture to philosophical arguments.
feelmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:00 PM   #5
UKausB
UKausB began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
By now the thing is solved, but might still be of interest:
I just received my Mars today and so far I am deeply disappointed. The apps I can choose include just one tool, that being Gmail. Meaning, there is no google play store and also no settings beyond brightness font size etc. That way it is anything but an android device.
Any ideas that might help?
How was it solved? Suddenly the setting app appeared, no idea why not at first...

Last edited by UKausB; 01-18-2019 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Solved
UKausB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2019, 01:14 PM   #6
Thelele
Thelele has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Likebook Mars
Comic Screen and Challenger Viewer are the best readers for comics I've found, since they use Lanczos resizing; Comic Trim is another interesting app that will slice the comics into a panel-by-panel mode that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't

For PDFs, the stock reader is actually best, but I use Perfect Viewer for 2-page scans and KoReader for reflow (this has a lot of room for improvement)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKausB View Post
I just received my Mars today and so far I am deeply disappointed. The apps I can choose include just one tool, that being Gmail. Meaning, there is no google play store and also no settings beyond brightness font size etc. That way it is anything but an android device.
Any ideas that might help?
^^^ See this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=570
Thelele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:25 AM   #7
verserquer
verserquer began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars T80D
Pocket. It works very well if you activate the option for pagination when swiping the screen.

I also use Swiftkey Keyboard removing som extra animations in options. But you have to enable the Android permission for the app remainin open in background.
verserquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:10 AM   #8
kug_gr
kug_gr began at the beginning.

Device: boyue Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by verserquer View Post
Pocket. It works very well if you activate the option for pagination when swiping the screen.
Did you encounter any problems with pocket? I did not even succeed in entering my credentials on the login screen.When I send my credentials I perceive a short flashing of the screen and nothing else happens. Credentials are correct, I tested them on my PC.
kug_gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:53 PM   #9
verserquer
verserquer began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars T80D
Quote:
Originally Posted by kug_gr View Post
Did you encounter any problems with pocket? I did not even succeed in entering my credentials on the login screen.When I send my credentials I perceive a short flashing of the screen and nothing else happens. Credentials are correct, I tested them on my PC.
I didn't have that problem. Maybe beacuse I use my Google account to log in to Pocket?
verserquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:55 AM   #10
omneity
omneity began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro, Onyx Boox Poke Pro, Likebook Mars, Likebook Ares
Quote:
Originally Posted by kug_gr View Post
Pocket is the main app I use on my Mars. I log into my Pocket account using an email address and password. Although it's been a couple of months since I signed in on the Mars I recall having similar problems as you. I worked around this by temporarily changing the system's screen contrast, this was before Boyue introduced the per-app contrast option. Once signed in you can then set the contrast back to your original preferences.

HTH
omneity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, apps, boyue likebook mars, google playstore