Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-26-2018, 04:02 AM   #1
mmmm1998
mmmm1998 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Could I open a book in calibre library, knowing it id, using calibre console commands

Well, I have too big library and now I can't work with it from calibre GUI, because it's very slow.
So I work with the library, using console interface.
I can work with library database without any problem, but i haven't found any commands to open a book in the book viewer, knowing its identifier in the calibre database.
Of course, if i know identificator, i can view author and title and find this book in library directory, but it is uncomfortable.
So, is there commands, that i search?
mmmm1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:33 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
ebook-viewer.exe is how you run the viewer. And you can get the path to use with

calibredb list -f formats -s id:2946 --for-machine

replace 2946 with whatever id you want. Then write a small script to get the path of the format out using a tool like jq to parse the JSON.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert