von Klamke
von Klamke began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
KoboTouchExtended does not instal too.
von Klamke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:52 PM   #302
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by von Klamke View Post
Same here. No matter if I install the plugin manually or by "get new plugin"
There have been problems reported that seem to be an issue with Windows user names that use an extended character set. From the message, I'm guessing this will be the case for you. It has been discussed either here or in the KoboTouchExtended driver thread. I don't remember there being a good answer. I think the only suggestion that seemed to work was to move the calibre profile to directory that had used plain ASCII characters in the name.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2018, 11:40 AM   #303
jazzchilli
jazzchilli began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
think this plugin has been broken by latest update? It disappeared from conversion options and I now get this error:

calibre, version 3.36.0
ERROR: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 726, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 472, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 61, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 200, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 184, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.kepubout.__init__", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KEPubOutput
jazzchilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:20 AM   #304
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
I doubt it’s the plugin that’s broken here, or it would be more widespread. I can’t reproduce this, can you restart calibre in debug mode (see the first post in this thread), try to install the plugin, and paste your debug log inside QUOTE or CODE tags?
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:35 AM   #305
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Isn't jazzchilli's problem probably the same one reported several times a few posts earlier and which davidfor answered in post #302?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2018, 09:44 AM   #306
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Possibly, but there’s not enough information for me to go on in just that stack trace. A debug log will have enough information.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:48 PM   #307
Exculturae
Exculturae began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 Edition 2
Changes in layout after converting to KePub

If I convert a book to KePub, it changes the layout for some details.

All “center” attributes are gone, for example. The original ePub has a normal layout. After converting, all the titles (book and chapters), copyright informations, and so on are left aligned.

On one book, an inexplicable right margin appears. If I get ride of it by filtering information style while converting the file, I lose completely the layout of titles, (book and chapters), copyright informations, and so on.

I've been converting books with KePub Output for over two years and never had any single problems until now.

I'm using Calibre 3.41.2 and KePub Output 3.0.0.

Thanks
Exculturae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:11 PM   #308
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Can you install the ScrambleEbook plugin and use it to generate a copyright-safe version of the problem book? Make sure you use the ePub version as the source. Take that generated book, convert it to KePub, and attach both the scrambled ePub and the converted KePub book here?

And if you're able to, a picture showing the difference between the ePub and KePub in the reader (using the scrambled book so I can look for exactly the same thing).
Old 04-20-2019, 01:24 AM   #309
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
While I think of it...

With firmware 4.13.12638 have changed how they handle the language in books. Before, they were generally using the three character code. Now, it is basically bcp47 (two characters for the language, then more for the locale and other things). This is what calibre sets in the book when updating the. This means that the extended drivers option to set the language is actually going to break things now. There is discussion of this in 4.13.12638 about it.

Also, the KoboTouch driver is updating the language in the database as part of the metadata update. This also had to change for 4.13.12638 and is in calibre version 3.41. That might make the option in the extended unnecessary.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:07 AM   #310
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Interesting. Removing the code is simple, but I just need to find a little time.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:45 PM   #311
Exculturae
Exculturae began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 Edition 2
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Can you install the ScrambleEbook plugin and use it to generate a copyright-safe version of the problem book? Make sure you use the ePub version as the source. Take that generated book, convert it to KePub, and attach both the scrambled ePub and the converted KePub book here?

And if you're able to, a picture showing the difference between the ePub and KePub in the reader (using the scrambled book so I can look for exactly the same thing).
Thank you so such for your fast answer.

It seems like the problem was related to the book and not to your plugin.

There was another strange behaviour, as the cover was disappearing from time to time.

I've downloaded a fresh copy of the book, and converted it again. Everything's fine by now.

The problem in the second book appeared simply cause I've changed the reading settings without noticing it (while trying to find out what was the problem with the first book).
Exculturae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:33 PM   #312
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

New version has been uploaded, deferring to the base driver's language setting. Yes, some people may be manually sending books without calibre after converting, but with this plugin being only sporadically maintained it's easier and asking for less trouble to just rip it all out.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:52 PM   #313
SylChamber
SylChamber began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzchilli View Post
think this plugin has been broken by latest update? It disappeared from conversion options and I now get this error:

calibre, version 3.36.0
ERROR: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 726, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 472, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 61, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 200, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 184, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.kepubout.__init__", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KEPubOutput
I got that error today when upgrading from Calibre 4.0 to 4.2. It's not a problem with a Unicode character in my username because it's only ASCII.

I fixed the problem by deleting my Calibre settings in Windows. I had to reconfigure Calibre completely, but I had no problem reinstalling KePub Output and the other KePub* plugins that did not want to install anymore.

I actually renamed the folder that holds the Calibre settings. In Windows, it's located in %AppData%\calibre. So:
  1. close Calibre
  2. open File Explorer
  3. in the address bar, type %AppData%
  4. rename the calibre folder
  5. launch Calibre, reconfigure it and re-install all your plugins

Note: %AppData% is a variable for the AppData\Roaming folder in your user folder (C:\Users\<username>).
Moderator Notice
WARNING: these directions removes all your user level Calibre settings. Use with caution

Last edited by theducks; 10-29-2019 at 03:37 PM.
SylChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:35 PM   #314
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylChamber View Post
I got that error today when upgrading from Calibre 4.0 to 4.2. It's not a problem with a Unicode character in my username because it's only ASCII.

I fixed the problem by deleting my Calibre settings in Windows. I had to reconfigure Calibre completely, but I had no problem reinstalling KePub Output and the other KePub* plugins that did not want to install anymore.

I actually renamed the folder that holds the Calibre settings. In Windows, it's located in %AppData%\calibre. So:
  1. close Calibre
  2. open File Explorer
  3. in the address bar, type %AppData%
  4. rename the calibre folder
  5. launch Calibre, reconfigure it and re-install all your plugins

Note: %AppData% is a variable for the AppData\Roaming folder in your user folder (C:\Users\<username>).
That is using an Atom bomb, when tweezers should be used to remove a glitch.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:28 AM   #315
SylChamber
SylChamber began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That is using an Atom bomb, when tweezers should be used to remove a glitch.
Well, I agree, but I see no other option for the moment because I could not find another solution that worked.

The worst of it: this "solution" is not permanent.

I just upgraded from 4.2 to 4.3, and again, the KePub* plugins disappeared and won't install. This is annoying. I've never had those problems before, and I've been using Calibre and the Kobo/KePub plugins for years.
SylChamber is offline   Reply With Quote