Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Is There Any Way To Read Comics On The Kindle?

Im just wondering, is there anyway to read archives of webcomics or daily comics on the Kindle? I dont mean on the site but say ones in ZIP or RAR files? Im sure one cannot read regular comics nor manga on the Kindle but the strips may be a possibility right?
NVash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
I've used calibre to convert them for use on the kindle. regular comic books, not strips.
converted just fine...

still, on K1-3, they are a bit too small to read that comfortably.
DX works good.
this is the one area where I think the iPad has an advantage.

anyway- CALIBRE!!!
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #3
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! Howd you do that? Point Calibre to the ZIP or RAR files? What kind of file did it turn them into? I ask because I figured if one had the patience they could make the comics into PDFs but supposedly the Kindle doesnt read them very well. One could convert the PDF into say some other format, maybe MOBI or EPUB but they dont work well with pictures so surely they wouldnt work with the comics or the comic strips.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:48 PM   #4
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
I'm not much into comics but I did it the once..if I remember correctly I converted cbr to mobi. not sure about the zip/rar's. the mobi(s) turned out fine BUT the screen size is limiting.
I'm sure searching around here you will find out what you want to know.
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...onvert-0.html#
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:48 PM   #5
NVash
Wandering Vagabond

Thanks, that tells me all I want to know and more! Ill post again if I have any questions.
Advert
Old 11-15-2010, 01:53 AM   #6
vili
vili began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVash View Post
Im sure one cannot read regular comics nor manga on the Kindle but the strips may be a possibility right?
If you have already scanned your manga, you can always try Mangle to convert those scans to be readable on Kindle. I suppose the same could be done with any image files.
vili is offline   Reply With Quote