Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-08-2018, 06:08 PM   #1
CalbertAmu
Connoisseur
CalbertAmu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Ereaders compatible with USB OTG Keyboard?

I want to see if I can find something to take notes on.

After some searching I found stuff like KindleBerry, some older nooks, and onyx. Are there other options that work easily through USB otg?

Preferably doesn't need too much effort to make it work with a keyboard, like getting a raspberryPi, or soldering. Cheaper the better.

Also does having android as the OS automatically also enable USB otg because it has the right drivers and/or kernels?
CalbertAmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:36 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalbertAmu View Post
Also does having android as the OS automatically also enable USB otg because it has the right drivers and/or kernels?
My 2013 Google Nexus does not support USB OTG. There were claims from one company that their product would enable USB OTG but looking at the reviews, too many people said it didn't work or worked with a very limited selection of devices.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 02:21 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The typical problem with USB OTG is that the reader doesn't support supplying power to the port, so even if OTG works you will need an external source of power for some devices.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:26 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
It's not E-Ink, but my cheap Amazon Fire 7 supports an OTG adapter. I occasionally use a Bluetooth Keyboard with the Fire. And I've tested it with a thumb drive. I've also connected my Alphasmart Neo to the Fire with the OTG adapter.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keyboard ereader eink