Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-30-2018, 05:51 PM   #1
CardcaptorRLH85
CardcaptorRLH85 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
Restoring Library Post-Reset

I recently suffered a bug with my Galaxy Tab A and, unfortunately, I had to reset the tablet. However, my books were stored on my SD card. Is there any way to get CC to see these files and create a basic database from them or will I have to just re-sync them all from Calibre?

Thanks!
CardcaptorRLH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:03 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If you don't have a CC database backup then your choices are limited.
  • If your books are epub then you can use CC's "scan for new books" to repopulate CC's database. This "scan" happens after you point CC at the folder containing the books and then connect as a wireless device. The problem: if the metadata for the books has changed then calibre might not match the books, considering them "not in library". The scan is enabled in CC / Settings / Connecting to calibre / Wireless device.
  • If the books are any other format (pdf, mobi, etc) then the best way to recover them is to resend them. A "scan" will generate books with strange names that don't match the calibre library.
Personally, if I knew what books belong on the device and if the number of books isn't in the thousands, then I would resend them using the Wireless Device.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:45 PM   #3
CardcaptorRLH85
CardcaptorRLH85 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+
While it's over a hundred, it's definitely not in the thousands. I thought it might turn out this way. Thanks for the information.
CardcaptorRLH85 is offline   Reply With Quote