Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-05-2011, 12:15 AM   #16
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
which is why Linux and open-source software in general get lots of scorn, despite being very different economics, ie. in that shared development and maintenance efforts for software pays off for everyone involved.
It may have more to do with this:

Last edited by silasgreenback; 03-05-2011 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Learning to embed.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:48 AM   #17
Figlilly
Zealot
Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2&3, Paperwhites, Kindle Touch, Kobo Clara, IPad Air2
Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
A free book is a good way to try out a new genre...
I agree. I have tried out some new genres this way even romance which I have always spurned in the past. I try to review books I get for free. I think it is the least I can do. I would not leave a review of a book that was so bad/boring that I could not finish it and I do try to pick out the bits I liked as well as the bits that might have grated with me. It is just my opinion after all and the author can take it or leave it as the case may be.
Figlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:18 AM   #18
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterRage View Post
I think the same has been noticed with welfare issues. People simply don't value something if they got it for free.
They probably value it if they need it to survive and can't get it any other way.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free books, giveaway, review