Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-24-2017, 03:15 PM   #16
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
Kobo still looking into it.
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:51 AM   #17
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Latest....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo
Hello Matt, we fixed the certification issue with Sony, we are still working on some books not downloading but the certification is ready to go.
Good news!

Small steps. Store search is still very broken.

Last edited by gingerbeardman; 11-28-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Advert
Old 11-29-2017, 09:44 PM   #18
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
It's good to know they have actually been working on it!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:13 AM   #19
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: none
Are they talking a firmware update? That would blow my mind. Hopefully the T1 & T2 will get a similar update.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:05 PM   #20
gingerbeardman
Zealot

No, definitely no firmware updates.

These are all web server/service changes from Kobo. With the certification issue they received help from Sony.
Advert
Old 12-10-2017, 05:46 PM   #21
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I'm somewhat surprised they are actually looking into it and didn't just tell you to buy a new Kobo reader. Hope they can get it working.
IMO it would depend on whether Kobo is primarily a ebook seller or a device seller. Amazon developed the Kindle to sell ebooks per my understanding and apparently Sony considered running a ebook store to provide ebooks for their readers as a business they did not really want to be in. Possibly an attitude which helped kill their retail ebook reader business. Possibly not helped by their delay in coming out with e-readers with built in wireless communication and direct book download capability. Kindle had that from day one, making their readers more user friendly, at least in that respect.

Last edited by Richwood; 12-10-2017 at 10:23 PM.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #22
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I've never used the direct download option except on my Nooks. Oh, and the Kindle because I don't want to install another program on my computer to get the books into Calibre. I can drag them over from the device if I want to.

I like having to download to my computer first and then put it on the ereader. That way, I've got at least one backup copy of the book, all nicely de-DRMed in Calibre.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:59 PM   #23
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I normally download to PC and sync, but there have been a few times I was away from home and was glad to be able to download direct. I read mostly library books but it would be nice to have the direct store access available just in case.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:26 AM   #24
gingerbeardman
Zealot

Library is my number one use of direct download.

Second is a workflow to get PDFs from my iPhone to Sony via my web space.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:56 PM   #25
4691mls
Wizard

I tried accessing the Kobo store today on my T3. I was able to sign in and pull up a list of categories and then subcategories but never saw actual book listings. I tried searching for a specific author and was able to see his books. I also was able to search for a specific title and find a book. Along the way I got the certificate error only once and when I clicked Continue I was able to keep going.

As long as selecting a category doesn't bring up actual books it will be useless for browsing, but at least if I wanted a specific book it was looking for a particular author it looks like that is working.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:02 PM   #26
4691mls
Wizard

Now that I got signed in I can't find a way to sign out. $#&+(&$!!
Old 01-02-2018, 08:41 PM   #27
gingerbeardman
Zealot

You don't need to sign out, though I can appreciate in some circumstances it's desirable.

Hopefully this issue will be addressed when the correct the store to work better on the T-series.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:41 AM   #28
4691mls
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbeardman View Post
You don't need to sign out, though I can appreciate in some circumstances it's desirable.

Hopefully this issue will be addressed when the correct the store to work better on the T-series.
I don't like to stay signed in on a store app on any portable device because if the device were lost or stolen, someone could possibly run up store charges on the credit card linked to the account.

The Google Play store on my phone won't let me sign out, but at least I was able to set it so a password is required to complete a purchase.