Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-28-2018, 07:52 PM   #1
bwall
bwall began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2
[IOS] Wireless and Content Server Problems

I've tried connecting as a wireless device and CC connects and starts the initial sync. After about 2 minutes it just disconnects with no additional info.

When I try to connect to a Content Server I simply get the message Content Server Not Found. Both services are started on the main Calibre program and I'm using port 8080 for Content Server and 9090 for Wireless Device.

The main caliber program does not appear to recognize my iPad Air2 as a wireless device. I'm currently running IOS version 11.4.1.

I've tried reinstalling CC but get the same results. Running the most current version of both programs.
bwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 05:25 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
This is almost certainly a firewall/network/anti-virus problem. Our FAQ How do I setup Calibre Companion to connect to calibre? might help, especially if calibre is running on a computer running windows.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2018, 11:08 AM   #3
bwall
bwall began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2
You were certainly right. I discovered I had my network set to Public instead of Private. I figured out how to change that and CC is now working as expected.

Duh! When in doubt, read the manual... 😃

bwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 02:38 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You are welcome. Glad you got it sorted.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote