Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-02-2018, 06:16 AM   #1
Perfect Day
Perfect Day began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T2
PocketBook InkPad 3 - Export Highlights?

Dear Experts

I am considering to purchase a PocketBook InkPad 3.

Now my big question is, whether there will be a decent way of exporting highlights. Untill now I am using the Sony PRS-T2 and I do totally love the plugin annotation exporter of Toxaris, which is a great peace of work.

Can anybody tell me, if the toxaris plugin will work on the Pocketbook InkPad 3? Or will there be the mentioned problems with the changed database structure? (Compare to the thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ght=prs&page=3)

Or are there any other reliable ways of doing that exports like some calibre plugin?

All the best & Perfect Day
Perfect Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:51 AM   #2
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Hopefully you can see the highlights (and annotations) in rawish HTML format in /system/config/Active Contents like in earlier versions. Just guessing.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2018, 11:20 AM   #3
ubuntero
ubuntero began at the beginning.

Device: PB InkPad3
Export Highlights/Annotations feature will be available with next firmware update - probably on Sep 2018.
ubuntero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:58 PM   #4
retrography
retrography is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2 / PocketBook Inkpad 3 / Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubuntero View Post
Export Highlights/Annotations feature will be available with next firmware update - probably on Sep 2018.
Are we talking about export or synchronization? And will it work for both ePubs and PDFs, or only ePubs? And finally: Is the source dependable?

I tried posing the same questions to PocketBook's support staff, but didn't get any answer other than: We are on it!
retrography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:35 AM   #5
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Supposedly, on September they will release an update that will allow export annotations, and that's the answer they gave to you: they are on it.

However, knowing PB, most probable release date will be October/November.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2018, 04:57 AM   #6
retrography
retrography is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2 / PocketBook Inkpad 3 / Kindle Paperwhite 3
Let’s hope for it! I would rather want to see the sync first, but export may do as well. If not, I get rid of this and buy a kindle again. In the end, pocketbook does not support reading your own books any better than any other device. It just says so as a slogan, but then they don’t seem to be apt to develop the right functionality in.
retrography is offline   Reply With Quote