Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 10-27-2017, 10:59 PM   #1
Tikker
Zealot
Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy S7, Kobo Aura
Calibre won't load epub library after latest update

Updated to 3.10 and now when I access my server I get this error

Failed to load books from calibre library, with error:
Failed to communicate with "/interface-data/books-init?library_id=eBooks&sort=timestamp.desc&1509159 279665", timed out after: 30 seconds

Been running content server this way for at least 5 years and it's always worked like a champ. Other than reinstalling any place to start looking
Tikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:00 PM   #2
Tikker
Zealot
Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just add I guess hitting calibre from the local machine works just fine
Advert
Old 10-27-2017, 11:46 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look in the server log. (Preferences->Sharing over the net) WHat browser are you using and what version of calibre did you update from?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:08 AM   #4
Tikker
Zealot

seeing this on chrome on windows, chrome on linux, whatever mac uses by default (safari i guess?) and also i guess chrome on android
Old 10-28-2017, 08:19 PM   #5
Tikker
Zealot

seeing tons of this:

Failed to send all data in state: State: write_chunk Client: 139.162.79.87:43998 Request: GET / HTTP/1.1 with error: [Errno 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
Failed to send all data in state: State: write_chunk Client: 192.168.1.198:60149 Request: GET /interface-data/books-init?library_id=eBooks&sort=timestamp.desc&1500436 860623 HTTP/1.1 with error: [Errno 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
Failed to send all data in state: State: write_buf Client: 179.210.85.242:41555 Request: GET / HTTP/1.0 with error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Failed to send all data in state: State: write_buf Client: 169.54.233.123:10000 Request: GET / HTTP/1.0 with error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Failed to send all data in state: State: write_buf Client: 94.102.54.169:12749 Request: GET http://www.google.com/ HTTP/1.1 with error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Failed to send all data in state: State: write_buf Client: 60.191.38.77:15322 Request: GET / HTTP/1.1 with error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Advert
Old 10-28-2017, 08:55 PM   #6
Tikker
Zealot

so I've got it whittled down to an outside the network issue

It loads just fine from local wifi

I can get to the main calibre page outside the network, but as soon as it tries to load the actual library it craps out
Old 10-28-2017, 11:24 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Something is blicking the connections, you'll have to figure out what. Given the nature of networking there is no way for calibre to help with that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:31 PM   #8
Tikker
Zealot

yeah, that's the weird part tho

I can hit the webpage, but the library doesn't load

Failed to send all data in state: State: write_chunk Client: 139.162.79.87:43998 Request: GET / HTTP/1.1 with error: [Errno 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
Old 10-30-2017, 01:09 AM   #9
Tikker
Zealot

Ok, so got the issue solved

all related to the craptacular fall creators update on win10

it really pooched a lot of stuff on my server, but I think I got it all sorted out now
Old 01-25-2018, 01:21 PM   #10
bluetdi1
bluetdi1 began at the beginning.

Device: itouch
Content server unavailable outside local network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
Ok, so got the issue solved

all related to the craptacular fall creators update on win10

it really pooched a lot of stuff on my server, but I think I got it all sorted out now
Can you pass along any fixes that you discovered with this problem of external access to your content server regarding updates to Win 10. I'm assuming one or several things were changed with win10 that is causing a blockage to the content server.
thanks
rmdavi@gmail.com
bluetdi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:28 PM   #11
Tikker
Zealot

I'm 99% sure it was a matter of how the update was done? Like, it seems to me that it installed in stages, and in between steps, it was really unhappy serving up calibre. but once all the updates were completed, it seemed pretty happy