Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-05-2014, 07:12 AM   #1
RobFreundlich
Connoisseur
RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet with Calibre Companion and Moon+ Reader Pro
Feature Request: Option to unmount/mount SD Card after sync

I see you're drawing to a close on this release cycle, and I'm kicking myself for not visiting this forum more frequently. But I'll throw this in as a request for a last-minute change or for your next cycle.

I use CC on my Kindle Fire Original (rooted so I could put on the Google Play store and get CC there), and it works great on that device. I use it almost exclusively to manage my book library, and connect wirelessly every day to Calibre to download my morning news.

The only catch is that after the connect/sync of the news, the Kindle Newstand app doesn't see the new issues (see this old thread) until I dismount and remount my SD card. I am manually doing the unmount/remount, but it is a pain in the neck.

So here's the feature request, after all that buildup: could you add an option to CC to automatically unmount and remount the SD card after a wireless sync? (or, rather, unmount, wait for the unmount to complete, then remount and wait for the remount to complete)

Alternatively, could you provide a button that would do that same sequence manually? Showing/hiding the button could be an option so all of the folks who don't need it wouldn't see it.
RobFreundlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:42 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I looked at how to do this, and unfortunately I cannot find any way to do a mount sequence from in an application. I did find posts from some Google engineers saying that it was not possible. Apparently there are security issues that the Android folks didn't want to face.

I will keep looking, but I suspect the answer will remain "not possible".
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2014, 07:12 AM   #3
RobFreundlich
Connoisseur
RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm. GO Launcher Ex has a widget that does this, which I'm currently using. But maybe it requires root - I don't remember. I know that I rooted my Fire around the time that I started using it, so maybe that's why.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:54 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobFreundlich View Post
Hmmm. GO Launcher Ex has a widget that does this, which I'm currently using. But maybe it requires root - I don't remember. I know that I rooted my Fire around the time that I started using it, so maybe that's why.
I wondered about how the few widgets do the job. At least one of them says that it works only with Android before 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). I do know that many things changed with ICS and even more with Jellybean, obsoleting many tried-and-true techniques. We had to make an emergency CC release because of security changes in Jellybean.

Regardless, after more than an hour of searching I failed to find a way to do it. Sorry about that.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:12 PM   #5
RobFreundlich
Connoisseur

Bummer. Thanks for trying!

Rob
Advert

Tags
kindle fire, news download