Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-31-2012, 04:46 PM   #31
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Amen brother. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. Samuel Beckett (I think).

Or that little train:

"I think I can. I think I can..."
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:36 PM   #32
NovelsNexus
NovelsNexus began at the beginning.

Device: Motorola Droid 7
Exceptions make the rule! Writing is many things, and one of those things is art. Artists need to use their aesthetic judgement (gained by education/experience/use/and self reflection). Anyway, I'm not generally a fan of flashbacks, but if they are done in a way that avoids cliche and have a purpose in the story/text, I'm intrigued! For very short flashbacks, yes, I use something like block quotes. If they are long, I create some sort of header, usually indicating time and place, and keep the same tense throughout the story despite the time frame of events.
NovelsNexus is offline   Reply With Quote