Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-04-2016, 02:45 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Accidentally Removed Book. How to Restore?

Hi,

I was trying to remove one format from my book list. I have coordination and sensory problems, and trouble reading computer screens. I selected the wrong option, I clicked to confirm, and I accidentally deleted the whole book entry.

P.S. Solved!

I still had the book and the metadata file. Although the finder doesn't list Calibre as an app that can open opf files, I was able to use Calibre and the add book option to import the opf, restoring the metadata, and then remove the opf. To restore other formats simply add formats and select them too.

Last edited by MarjaE; 08-04-2016 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Solved!
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:02 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Yep, the Add Books dialog has an option to treat each folder as a book, and import metadata from the OPF.

Whenever you delete books, calibre sends them to the Recycle Bin by default.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote