Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-12-2009, 03:32 AM   #1
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Stuff the Doughnuts !

It's Chocolate Week ! - take a day off and enjoy your favourite chocolates .... Indulge Your Senses
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
ladyjane
I hate to clean
ladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheeseladyjane can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, Acer NetBook
Geoff ..I woke up this morning thinking about chocolate..umm..actually fell asleep thinking about chocolate..so 5:15..stove on..chocolate cake..chocolate chip muffins cooling on the racks..butter icing made...it's a weakness..but what the heck its Thanksgiving here.. and I'm thanking myself..and taking a plate over to my elderly neighbours ...Happy Thoughts...
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #3
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oi !
I'm an elderly neighbour !

Where's mine !!!!????
Old 10-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Does chocolate cake count? I made a great chocolate cake* yesterday - just finishing it off after dinner tonight. Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
It's Chocolate Week ! - take a day off and enjoy your favourite chocolates ....
* Chocolate and beetroot, actually. The beetroot adds moisture and a subtle extra depth to the taste. Lovely.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Chocolate week?! Great idea, GeoffC!

Right now I'm having a Mozartkugel. I have no idea how common it is outside Germany, Austria or Switzerland. It's chocolate filled with marzipan and a pistachio paste.

After that I'll be thinking about eating this one :
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Can you get chocolate stuffed doughnuts?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:04 PM   #7
A Nonny Mouse
Connoisseur
A Nonny Mouse has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.A Nonny Mouse has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.A Nonny Mouse has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs505
Chocolate Doughnuts!!!!
A Nonny Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
It's Chocolate Week ! <snip>
Wait....What? I thought every week was chocolate week! My favorite indulgence... when I can afford it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	leonidas-chocolate_2056_3709234.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	37324

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
<snip>I made a great chocolate cake* yesterday - just finishing it off after dinner tonight. Yum.

* Chocolate and beetroot, actually. The beetroot adds moisture and a subtle extra depth to the taste. Lovely.
OK, now you have to share that recipe...
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #9
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Silly rabbits.

I'm still enjoying Chocolate Lifetime...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #10
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Finally! It's here!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:35 AM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
OK, now you have to share that recipe...
Chocolate Beetroot Cake. Makes an 8" cake.

Grease and line a tall 8" cake tin, preferably with loose bottom.
Heat oven to 180 C (360 °F)

Dry Ingredients:
80g cocoa powder
180g plain flour
10ml baking powder (i.e. two level teaspoons)
250g caster sugar

Sieve these into a large mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly.

Wet Ingredients
250g (or so) of raw peeled beetroot
3 large eggs
200ml vegetable oil (any will do - e.g. sunflower, canola or corn)
5ml vanilla essence (i.e. one teaspoon)

Grate the beetroot very finely - a food processor with a fine grating disk is best for this. Discard any left-over large pieces. Then add the eggs, oil and vanilla essence to the beetroot and mix thoroughly - switching to a plastic mixing blade in the food processor and mixing with that works well.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix - best by hand, it won't take more than a minute. As soon as it's completely mixed - no dry bits left - pour into the prepared cake tin, and put in the oven.

This takes a while to cook - at least 40 minutes, usually 50 to 60. Check with a clean skewer every five minutes or so after 40 minutes - when the skewer comes out clean it's ready. I find turning the oven down to 160 C after 30-40 minutes stops the top browning too much, or you could cover with foil then instead.

The cake top /will/ crack - this is normal.

Once cooked, let it cool in the tin for ten minutes before taking out and leaving to completely cool on a cake rack. Well, you can eat it warm if you can't wait.

Just before serving, dust the top with icing sugar.

Mmm..... just one slice left...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ChocolateBeetrootCake.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	37339  

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-13-2009 at 06:56 AM.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:02 AM   #12
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Yum! Thank you, pdurrant!

I can't wait to try it...
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:36 AM   #13
GeoffC

mmmmmmmm

obviously no-one is interested ....

OKAY - EverY daY is Chocolate day ............. indulge your senses by every means available ..........
Old 10-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #14
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I'm interested in chocolate! I'm ALWAYS interested in chocolate
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #15
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Can you get chocolate stuffed doughnuts?
We don't even have a donut shop in town. You can buy them at the super market but they are crappy stale ones.

Woes me.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote