Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
gjanssens
gjanssens began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sunstech EB700 detected as Newmy device

Hi, I have installed calibre 0.8.4 on my Fedora 15 system, which works fine.

When I connect a Sunstech EB700 device, calibre detects it, which is good. However, it will tell me the device is a Newmy device, which is not correct.

At first sight everything works fine like that as well though, but I surely was confused by this.

So I wonder if this can be improved ?

I discovered that the Sunstech EB700 and the Newmy share the same vendor and product ID. I guess they use the same chip. Still they don't support the exact same file formats, so the correct detection is preferred.

Is there something that should be added to the driver file that can help properly discriminate between the two devices on linux ?
gjanssens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjanssens View Post
Hi, I have installed calibre 0.8.4 on my Fedora 15 system, which works fine.

When I connect a Sunstech EB700 device, calibre detects it, which is good. However, it will tell me the device is a Newmy device, which is not correct.

At first sight everything works fine like that as well though, but I surely was confused by this.

So I wonder if this can be improved ?

I discovered that the Sunstech EB700 and the Newmy share the same vendor and product ID. I guess they use the same chip. Still they don't support the exact same file formats, so the correct detection is preferred.

Is there something that should be added to the driver file that can help properly discriminate between the two devices on linux ?
If your device claims to be the same as a different one, all you can do is customize the device plugin. ( Lots of devices (brands) share common hardware)
Preferences: Plugins: Device Interface:NewMy.
Adjust the tick marks to match you models capabilities.

Note: if you happen to own BOTH models, you have a problem as there is only 1 setting for the Hardware
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert