Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
DavidRM
Addict
DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
NASTY, BRUTISH & SHORT SHORT - by David Michael - $0.99 (or FREE) (Horror)

A collection of violent horror flash fiction and short short stories by David Michael.

The Call of the Hunter Moon - Violence is easy. You just let go. Your hands become claws for ripping. Your teeth bare, you snap, you grab, you tear. You smell the fear, savor the screams, taste the blood...

Tucker - When I arrived, the boy stood there surveying the chaos he had wrought, gloating over it all--except for her. He wouldn’t look at her. She knelt by the body she had once inhabited, her physical face now unrecognizable in the gore...

Crowfeeder - At our arrival, the closest of the black carrion birds startled. A ripple like a wave in a black ocean flowed across the field as the birds flapped into the air, reconsidered once they saw how few we were, and settled back to continue gorging..

Plus 10 more!

Available for $.99 from Amazon.

LIMITED TIME: Click here to download NASTY, BRUTISH & SHORT SHORT for FREE from Smashwords!

Genre: Horror/Fantasy

About the Author: Most days, David Michael is a software developer and a writer. Some days, he’s a writer and a software developer. Still other days, he’s an amateur photographer. Because, really, who is the same person every day?

About the Cover: Cover painting, Ornery Streak, and layout by Don Michael, Jr.

Last edited by DavidRM; 05-18-2011 at 04:58 PM.
DavidRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Great Cover! Good Luck with it!
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:55 PM   #3
DavidRM
Addict
DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks! Here's hoping.

-David
Old 11-05-2010, 06:49 PM   #4
DavidRM
Addict

I've released a FREE PDF version of Nasty, Brutish & Short Short!

You can also read the stories in Nasty, Brutish & Short Short for free on my blog:
Nasty, Brutish & Short Short

-David
Old 11-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
DavidRM
Addict

The Origin of Nasty, Brutish & Short Short

I wrote my first horror story in 2006 as part of a project I called "A Short Story a Day". Surprised me rather. Didn't know I had it in me.

By the end of the year, I had written just over 200 short stories (just over 150 if you take out the stories that later became chapters in The Summoning Fire and a yet-to-be-released novella). I only labelled 11 of those as "horror" when I wrote them. Many of the rest (just like The Summoning Fire, BTW), I didn't consider horror at all. I thought of them as "urban fantasy". Maybe "dark urban fantasy". But not horror.

I have since been corrected.

All of the stories collected in Nasty, Brutish & Short Short were written during the A Short Story a Day project. Which is why they're flash fiction. These are the best of the darkest stories I wrote that year--whether or not I thought they were horror at the time I wrote them.

Happy reading!

-David

PS If you're curious about the A Short Story a Day project, you can learn more about that here:
A Short Story a Day: A Post Mortem
Old 05-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #6
DavidRM
Addict

Nasty, Brutish & Short Short - FREE on Smashwords

For a limited time, my collection of horror flash fiction and short short stories, Nasty, Brutish & Short Short is FREE on Smashwords!

Click here to download NASTY, BRUTISH & SHORT SHORT for FREE from Smashwords!

Happy reading!

-David