Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
Sega
Enthusiast
Sega began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
PRS-T1 as agenda

Hi everyone,

I'm just about to make purchase for my first ebook reader! I am seriously considering PRT-T1 right now but wanted to confirm if there is anyone using this device as a personal agenda/ calendar.

I thought with stylus utiliazation and android root(?) to unlock some kind of android apps will make this a dreamy project. Is this possible? Anyone in this forum using PRT-T1 as a personal agenda already???

Sorry if this is a redundant post. I tried to search but didn't yield much for T1 device.

Thanks!!!
Sega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
nindustrial
Enthusiast
nindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: PRS-T1
I'd hate to buy something hoping for eventual functionality if the android community gets stuff like this working, but since it has a rudimentary browser built in, I wonder how usable a site like Google Calendar would be on it. This of course ties you to WiFi, so probably not the ideal solution you're looking for...
nindustrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
Gustav Gans
Enthusiast
Gustav Gans began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
And the rooted standard android calendar doesn't work. You'd have to use a 3rd party app with offline functionality. This is difficult since you don't have access to the official android market, and most good calendars are only available there (in theory). However, even if you succeed then you will have to face sluggish in-app scrolling and a high amount of flashing laggy e-ink display refreshes. I tried this because I had the same idea but in the end I realized that it is too laggy and I better use a classic paper organizer.
Gustav Gans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
Sega
Enthusiast
Sega began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
Oh my dream shattered! nindustrial and Gustav Gans: Thanks for the information

I'm still excited about my first ebook reader though!

Classic agenda book for me then. Cheers!
Sega is offline   Reply With Quote