Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 08-05-2020, 06:41 PM   #1
manawydan
Connoisseur
manawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toys

Device: none
Question Show number of pages in book - where?

I switched to Calibre 4.20 not long ago and while the "new" viewer is not to my liking I can live with it. But I do very much miss the number of pages in book that has been displayed in the top left corner.

Has this been moved somewhere else and I just missed it or has it disappeared and if so, how can I see this info at one glance?

I have seen that there is a plugin but I do not want another column for this kind of info I only need occassionally.

I am talking about the part that gave the page you are on in relation to the number of pages in the book. At the beginning it was the total number of pages and if you browsed the pages it was something like 72/245 etc.
It was in the titlebar or close to it on the left if I remember correctly.

I use vs. 4.20 portable on Windows 10, 64 bit.
manawydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:38 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by manawydan View Post
I switched to Calibre 4.20 not long ago and while the "new" viewer is not to my liking I can live with it. But I do very much miss the number of pages in book that has been displayed in the top left corner.

Has this been moved somewhere else and I just missed it or has it disappeared and if so, how can I see this info at one glance?

I have seen that there is a plugin but I do not want another column for this kind of info I only need occassionally.

I am talking about the part that gave the page you are on in relation to the number of pages in the book. At the beginning it was the total number of pages and if you browsed the pages it was something like 72/245 etc.
It was in the titlebar or close to it on the left if I remember correctly.

I use vs. 4.20 portable on Windows 10, 64 bit.
Open the viewer, right click, click on Preferences, click on Headers and Footers. Configure as you want. In your case, you might want to configure Left under header to show Position in Book.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2020, 12:43 PM   #3
manawydan
Connoisseur
manawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toys

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Open the viewer, right click, click on Preferences, click on Headers and Footers. Configure as you want. In your case, you might want to configure Left under header to show Position in Book.
Ah, ok, thank you.
Took me a while to understand that header is not the top bar

If others have the same problem/question, I also had to change the top margin because the standard 20 did not show the header.
manawydan is offline   Reply With Quote