Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-20-2023, 02:43 PM   #1
rodomallard
rodomallard began at the beginning.

Device: none
KOReader on Clara 2e?

Hey all,

I know when the Clara 2e came out there were some issues with running it on the Clara 2e, screen freezing, etc. Just wanted to know if any of that has been resolved. I've wanted to use KOReader but was reluctant to install until issues were fixed. I tried to look up here if there were any topics on this but I couldn't find anything definitive.

Thanks!!
rodomallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 04:18 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You might want to check this thread Looking for a good 6" device. You can also check the KOReader forum and the KOreader Github site. Possibly a search similar to 'is:issue is:open label:kobo' in issues would be helpful on GitHub.

Last edited by DNSB; 08-20-2023 at 04:20 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2023, 08:16 AM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You get a mild "maybe".

I haven't been able to repro anything¹ since then, but the Clara isn't my daily driver, and I was only able to repro *some* of the issues to begin with anyway.

FWIW, the crashes are only an annoyance (granted, an extremely irritating one), but they won't have any adverse effect on the device itself.

And the Clara 2E, being the most recent of them, is *possibly* the least finicky of the affected devices ([Libra]/Libra 2/Nia/Clara 2E) to begin with...

----

[1]: Well, besides the wait_for timeouts, anyway, but that's been worked around for ever, and I can reproduce those in Nickel anyways, which at least confirms that there's something extremely fishy with those kernels that isn't only specific to some KOReader workloads...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-21-2023 at 08:21 AM.
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote